Tuesday 4 January 2022

Day 1222 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Paint Your Own Santa heeled shoes with Christmas striped tights
Shoes: Paint A Santa | Irregular Choice 

Back to normality this week with my Tuesday fit review post.  Firstly, Happy New Year, I haven't actually said that to anyone yet.  I've not been feeling great, exhaustion I think from the festive period, doing too much blogging (if you combine my posts from 2018, 2019 and 2020, it's still 20 less than I blogged in 2021!) and my booster the week before Christmas.  I'm sleeping a lot, struggling to move around and was nearly sick the other night, probably as I took these photos during the day.  I still don't know my limits, clearly!  Anyway, my sister got me these shoes for Christmas.  I wanted them last year, though am not terribly keen on purple and red together.  I hoped to get them in the sale, but they never reduced them.  They brought them back this year, only in one size (not mine), then suddenly one day got stock of all sizes.  I waited and ordered them along with my Christmas bauble and then they put them into the sale the next week.  My unlucky streak strikes again!  Anyway, they were another Paint Your Own Heel style and I do have an idea of what I'd like to do with them.  They are far more intricate than my other styles, lots of little nooks and crannies and the coat split at the front looks impossible to cover (I've been using paint-pens on my other styles).  You'll see them again when they're done.  

Sizing wise, they do feel more snug than my other ones in similar shapes (unicorn, bunny, cat).  This style has a stubby (short) toe, but I find they loosen very quickly and easily in the heel, so if you buy too big, they'll slip off.  I bought my usual size (38), which I've been buying in the Paint Your Own Heel styles.  I didn't find them too small, that I'd need the size up.  The thick tights probably didn't help.  I wasn't quite sure what to wear, but actually quite like this combination.  The purple glitter is amazing by the way, it's got so many more colours in it. Under bright light, it's dazzling.    

Wearing: Xmas Delivery Tights, Irregular Choice (current season). 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel and 1" concealed platform. Slip on. Snug in my usual size, but not small enough to size up for me. 
Comfort: Definitely feel the smallest of the Paint Your Own Heels in this style.  
wearing purple glitter shoes with red bow and striped Christmas tights
wearing white Santa heeled shoe to be painted with purple glitter uppers and red bow
legs in Christmas tights with purple glitter court shoes with red bows and Santa shaped heel
back of legs in Santa chimney tights with Santa heeled shoes
back of purple glitter shoes with plain Santa heel to paint and decorate
wearing purple glitter court shoes with red trim and plain white Santa heel to decorate
wearing striped festive tights with purple glitter shoes with Santa shaped heels to paint
close up of purple glitter court shoes on feet with Christmas tights
close up of purple glitter shoes with plain white Santa heels to decorate
purple glitter shoes on floor with white Santa shaped heels to decorate
close up of Santa heel to decorate in front of shoe shelves
close up of side of Santa shaped heel to decorate

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.