Tuesday 21 September 2021

Day 1211 - Shoesday Tuesday

pink and lime green zebra patterned sequin boots
Shoes: Hot Stuff | Irregular Choice

These were my third pair of thigh high boots in this style from Irregular Choice.  They were part of the Halloween collection a couple of years ago.  As with previous styles (Satine and Finders Keepers), I worried about their flexibility, especially at the knee when sitting (in the wheelchair) and given that the uppers are entirely sequins (which tend to be stiffer), I only bought these when they were drastically reduced, as I wasn't sure I'd be able to wear them often.  I'm not usually a fan of neon colours, but I do love how bright these are and the pink isn't that warm neon (almost orange) shade IC often do, it's just a bold fuchsia.  The zebra patterned uppers are sequins that flip over from bright pink to lime green (the black sections remain the same on both sides).  I decided to just turn over random patches here, but I've photographed one boot in lime and one in pink below.  Aren't they Pizzazz from The Misfits (Jem and The Holograms) in boot form?  The pattern and colours are totally her.  

They are quite stiff, but actually more flexible than I expected.  I managed to bend to get down onto the floor for some photos, so they can't be that bad!  I'm sure I originally thought these were smaller fitting than my other pairs, but I didn't find that this time.  The super stretchy velveteen fabric either side of the zip is where you get your extra room.  My other styles also had small elasticated gussets in the top inside leg, however I forgot to check for that, but I think due to the sequins uppers, they don't.  To be honest there wasn't much stretch in that part anyway.  I didn't zip up the last inch...mostly because I was worried about pinching my skin and it's quite tricky zipping these up on your own.  My thighs are bigger just now, but I reckon if I'd had help and been careful, I could've zipped them up fully, so they are reasonably generous.  I find the fit of the actual foot part generous in all of these styles too.  Sizing up (for the leg) would just be too big in the foot I reckon, so I'd recommend sticking with your usual size (mine are a 5/38).      

Fit:  3 1/2" heel, no platform. Full length back zip with stretchy velveteen strip.  Bought my usual size (5/38) and the foot is on the generous side, the leg of the boot will depend on your legs, but I do think they are quite generously sized.   
Comfort:  Quite pernickety to get into, but no issues with comfort whilst wearing and a good solid heel to walk on.  
wearing sequins zebra over the knee boots
wearing thigh high zebra sequins boots
back of legs wearing zip up thigh length boots in hot pink sequins
wearing brightly coloured zebra pattern sequins over the knee boots
wearing thigh high boots with flip sequins in green and pink zebra pattern
close up of lime and pink and black zebra pattern sequins on boots
sequins boots in pink zebra and lime green zebra sequins
close up of rounded toe of boot in bright coloured sequins
close up of velveteen fabric and zip up centre back of boot
close up of black patent block heel on boot

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.