Tuesday 1 December 2020

Day 1172 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing irregular choice red glitter advent calendar boots
Shoes: Advent Adventures | Irregular Choice

Look what arrived today, just in time for opening!  Let me start by saying the Christmas collection this year from Irregular Choice is literally jaw-dropping.  The light up fabric we were introduced to in the Space Station collection features, the Santa heel is back (yay) and glittery, there's musical heels, paint your own Santa heel and these, advent calendar boots.  If you can't think it up, IC will!  They sit mid-calf with a white fur trim around the top (one of my favourite bits) and there's a small elastic gusset, which unlike on the Lapin boots takes into account the trim and splits for that little bit extra room.  There's a full length zip and a concealed platform.  The toe always tends to curve upwards on the Santa heel styles, I felt it more so in these (the toe area looks tiny but is actually reasonably roomy), but it could just be I'm not accustomed to wearing shoes this year at all.  

Size wise, I went for my usual 5/38 and they fit fine.  They are a little roomy in the foot, but definitely not enough to size down, it's a comfortable fit.  The leg fits me well, it's not tight and there's no obvious big gap on me.  The outer side is red glitter, with the inner side in sequins (flips over from red to gold).  As a result they aren't quite as stiff as the likes of Luna Sparkles.  The sequins side has a bit of flexibility, it's the glitter that doesn't, so you do feel a bit restricted, especially in the ankle where you need movement.  With wear though, this should begin to ease.  

Then you have the magnificent doors, 12 on each boot, which open with a Velcro fastening to reveal a different IC image behind.  I've had a sneaky peek at some, but I'm going to open one each day like a real advent calendar.  It's such a novel idea, I just love it and I'm so excited to see my beloved Santa/gnome heel back as it's one of my all-time favourites and I've missed it the past couple of years.  Expect more Christmas styles from me this month!    

Wearing:  Tartan tights, Primark (old). 
Fit:  4 1/2" heel and 1" concealed platform, full length zip and elasticated gusset in inside leg.  I bought my usual size and found them true to size.    
Comfort:  Once they aren't quite as stiff (and I get used to wearing real shoes again!), they should be fine.  
Christmas 2020 red glitter boots with Santa shaped heel worn with tartan tights
front view of red glitter and sequins boots with white fur trim and gold toe and bow
back view of boots with carved Santa Claus heels and white fur trim
red Christmas glitzy boots with zip and Father Christmas heels
Santa heeled festive red glitter boots being worn with tartan tights
white fur top trimmed calf length boots being worn in festive theme
red sparkly advent calendar boots with Santa character heel
red sparkly advent calendar boots flatlay
close up of Santa character heel on boot

6 comments :

  1. OMG they are amazing. Seriously love them :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you, looking forward to opening the images one day at a time!

      Delete
  3. The imagination involved is outstanding! They are so clever! Do we get a post with all the windows opened on the 24th?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you just couldn't think these things up, but they do! I'm going to post all the images behind the doors on PHP in groups every few days x

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.