Tuesday 29 August 2017

Day 1115 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing irregular choice eros white satin wing shoes
Shoes:  Irregular Choice Eros

Narrowing down the pictures for Shoesday was rather difficult this week, they all looked fantastic. I've picked a selection anyway, so you can see every angle. It's a very wingy week for you this week as I'm styling these on The Shoe Girl Styles It as well as wearing them here.  I knew if I got them in my hands, I could make them work.  Like I said in my TSGSI post, white shoes and especially those made of satin aren't exactly typical everyday wear, but I absolutely love the contrast here with the black fishnets.  It was exactly what they needed to escape the bridal zone.
Ok, so they have the usual Abigail's Party style heel, which I find really comfortable.  Straight out of the box, I thought they were tiny, there was no way I'd fit my usual size.  I was wrong, they fit perfectly.  The toe shape can look a little odd, like it's squared off (front facing pic below), even although they have a rounded toe.  I think the shiny material plays a part in this.  The silver trim material is pretty (holographic), but it feels a bit cheap.  It frays like mad, so you'll likely find your ankle straps are looking a bit worse for wear, before anyone has even tried them on.  You might want to take the straps out, snip the threads and then run some glue along to seal.  Mine were looking a lot better today after a tidy up.  It's also used on the heel and it easily looks a little worn or tatty at the seam.  So I love the holographic finish, but I wish it were better quality.  The ankle strap is a good size.  I find IC's lately are either ridiculously generous or bordering on self-amputation.  I had these buckled quite tightly (2nd shortest hole I think), but there's plenty of hole options if I fancied a looser fit next time.  The pearl straps attach with a decent size lobster clip at both ends, fastening onto a small fabric loop towards the back of your heel.  Before purchase, I hadn't even thought that you'd need to open that to get into the shoe and when they arrived, I thought "Pegasos part 2, the option to remove a pearl straps entirely, why would anyone in their right mind want that?", but then I realised, it was to get your foot in!  I have no doubt there will be legions of people who do wish to remove it, along with the wings, the fluffy bit and any other section I love to bits!  Seriously these are pretty dreamy shoes to me.  You know I'm a long-time pearl fan and these have bucket loads and the glitter wings and feathers are so eye-catching, they are just beautiful.  Plus I love a blank canvas pair like these, where I'm excited to try out different tights and socks and things.  It's fun when a little styling can totally change things up.  I'm so glad I took the plunge to get these, because I honestly was hesitating because of the fabric and colour.    

Fit: 4" heel, adjustable buckle on strap and pearl strap clips on at both ends. True to size.
Comfort:  No issues with these.  wearing irregular choice eros pearl strap shoeswearing irregular choice eros silver glitter winged shoeswearing irregular choice white feather, silver wing shoeswearing irregular choice eros angelic wing shoes aw17wearing irregular choice eros silver glitter wing detail shoeswearing irregular choice silver glitter feather wing shoeswearing irregular choice eros pearl heart shoe detail close up wearing eros irregular choice wing pearl shoesdetailed silver glitter wing on irregular choice eros

2 comments :

  1. They are really fun! I like the wings- they are super sweet!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rreeeeeallly love these. Tabbris arrived the other day and whilst I adore them, I'm seriously considering another pair. Possibly Icarus in the grey because I can't get "wedding" out of my head with these, even though I love the pearls etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.