Tuesday 11 July 2017

Day 1111 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing irregular choice miami flamingo sandals
 Shoes: Miami Irregular Choice x Ashbury Skies 

Greetings, my shoe buds! New shoes for you today, which I bought a few weeks ago. Irregular Choice teamed up with Ashbury Skies (an American store who stock IC) on a little USA Road Trip collection. All four styles; San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York and Miami were inspired by their respective place names and I bought the latter two. I have Miami to show you today.
These were an instant "oh my gosh, I have to have these, please, please, let me get these"! They are bright and kooky and I think, a little unusual for IC. The flamingo on the side was my first love, but actually when I saw them for real, it was the amazing t-bar palm tree that stole my heart. I love how the front of the shoe is made to look like a sandy beach, with the tree sprouting up through the centre. So quirky and fun. This is a completely new heel shape for IC, though eagle-eyes may have spied it on several Poetic Licence styles. It looks a lot higher than it feels. I really expected to be teetering in them, but it's very stable and comfortable for me. There's a teeny platform, probably not enough to make much of a difference, but the heel measures 4 1/4" which is manageable. The soles are just outstanding in this range, I was swooning! I find this style pretty generous all over and even the ankle strap isn't fastened in the loosest hole (like it often is).  I doubt they are roomy enough to size down, though I think narrow feet may be curious enough to give it a go.

In other news, apologies for the bruised shins. I finally took off the compression stockings I've been wearing since my op, I just couldn't handle them any longer. As I've not been able to apply any lotions or gels, my legs have been really dry and itchy and I've scratched them so much, I bruised them (they are actually even worse looking now).  I've also had no pain relief, when it's usually my legs the M.E. affects the most and as a consequence I've had restless legs every night when trying to sleep, so the stockings really weren't ideal. Don't even get me started on what it was like to wear them on really hot days, phew! They were also becoming rather threadbare, from all the washing and wearing, so suffice to say I'm glad to see the back of them. I've been freeing my legs all week, as I can't stand covering them now! I was looking for my little white socks to wear with these sandals, but have misplaced them, so you got stripes instead. Actually in a weird way, they kinda worked.  What do you think, like these?

Wearing: Striped lace trim ankle socks Meadham Kirchhoff for Topshop (old).
Fit: 4 1/4" heel, adjustable buckle fastening on strap. Generous fit on both the shoe and ankle strap, though I would still suggest buying your usual size.
Comfort: Don't foresee any issues with these, like I say the heel feels surprisingly comfortable. wearing irregular choice miami palm tree shoeswearing irregular choice ashbury skies miami flamingo shoes irregular choice miami flamingo glitter heel sandalswearing irregular choice ss17 miami flamingo sandals wearing irregular choice miami shoes

3 comments :

  1. I love these! I literally bought them within five minutes of seeing them. That said, while the heel is very wearable, they did ruin the back of my heels and the top of my big toes last week, when I first wore them. Truth be told, I did have to run to catch my train (my feet literally bled afterwards), but I doubt I'll be wearing them soon for anything besides sitting down and short walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you could take off your decompression socks!
    These sandals are amazing- what details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I love these so much! The colours, the glitter, the trees and flamingos! SO GREAT! They're giving me Sophia Webster vibes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.