Tuesday 5 April 2016

Day 1065 - Shoesday Tuesday


Shoes: Blue Dolly Mixture Irregular Choice 

It just shows you how many new shoes have come in that took priority over these, because I've owned these for at least a year! I took these photos last April! Like I say, I give priority to limited releases as I know you're eager to not only see them, but get info on how they size up whilst they are still in stock. It's clearly been a busy time between last Spring and now.
So you may recognise these, as I have shown you the pink/lilac colourway before. They might just have the edge on being my favourite, but I loved them so much I was keen to buy the only other colour (at the time) too. The navy glitter is much finer than the chunky pieces of lilac on the other pair and the floral print is smaller and more 'all over' than the larger sporadic sprigs on the pink, but otherwise they are identical. I love so many aspects; the overall scalloped feel (even the tongue has a scalloped edge and is heart shaped), the heart eyelets, the contrasting stripes, hearts, floral and glitter-they are just fabulous. Strangely, I wasn't particularly enamoured with the two colours that came out last winter. To me, they lacked whatever it was that intrigued me about these two pairs in the first place.  Size-wise I tried both the 5 (usual size) and 6 in the pink and felt there was very little difference between the two, so opted for the size up for comfort.  My toes were scrunching in the 5, so I thought it better to get the bigger size.  If you don't often size-up in IC, then you'll likely find your usual size fine, but those in-between may want to opt for the larger.  They are without a doubt one of my favourite styles IC have produced in recent seasons.  What do you think?

Fit: 4" heel, lace up front. Wider feet may find these a half size too small, so would probably benefit from sizing up.
Comfort: The 'demi' wedge heel seems easy to walk in, the tops may rub at the ankles at first.

6 comments :

  1. These are so beautiful! I loved these when I saw them on the website!!!
    Ooh, it's my 11th blogiversary today!!! Come and join in the celebrations!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy anniversary, I will, I've been pushed for time lately for blog reading. I miss it.

      Delete
  2. Love these, I returned the pink ones for the blue. Although I had loved the pink ones on the website when I tried them on, they didn't feel very 'me'. But they were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. I haven't had the opportunity to wear either yet...not sure what I'll wear them with, but they are beautiful to look at.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love these, I have the pink but would love the blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had the chance to wear either of mine yet. I just stroke them at the moment because they are so pretty!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.