Thursday 15 April 2010

Day One Hundred & Ninety - Quiet Sky

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with myself. Sometimes I just feel like I'm wasting my life away and it's just passing me by. Perhaps it's because I'm turning 30 next month and I expected to be in a completely different place in my life than I am. Anyway, a bit of a strange day all round today. For the first time ever, there is absolutely no flying in the UK. It's not just airport closures, it's complete closure of the airspace due to the volcanic ash blowing over from Iceland. It's kinda creepy actually. Scotland expected to see the ash clouds this afternoon, but it couldn't be more clear and beautiful here!
Teddy print 'Love Games' with leg spatz Irregular Choice, I was tearing my hair out with these, it's actually really difficult to fasten the velcro spatz under your foot, because the heel of the shoe is so close to the sole and you have to fasten them once already on your leg. I wore them slightly scrunched down, but I wasn't really happy with the look.

3 comments :

  1. hmmm I actually like the look, although it might have been nicer if the spatz covered the front on the foot aswell...such a shame you've been so disappointed with these! Maybe they're waaaaaay better without the spatz? Because I think the heel is the coolest feature on these and the spatz take all the attention now!

    Yeah crazy about the ash cloud huh! All air traffic is stopped here as well! So the fabby blue dress will be delayed hehe...ah well!

    I hope you feel better soon, can imagine the big Three-Oh is creeping you out...don't worry though, you never know your 30th might be the best year ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marlein, yeah Mum thought it looked strange with the gap between shoe and spatz. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to fix that. I definitely prefer them without the legs, as you said the stripey heel is so cool and you don't get to see that.

    Here's hoping that turning 30 will be a good thing. I'm very much someone who thinks life is too short and you need to live it to the full, but with my health I can't and that's what frustrates me. There's so much I want to do...I don't want this to be all the life I have : ( Although I'm thankful that I have my family and more than some people, I just wish my health could improve so I could get back to what I was like before.

    I was thinking about your dress-hope it doesn't get delayed too much : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing the spatz came with them without having to pay more ;)

    I can totally understand you're feeling down about your health...is there any way it can improve? I don't know much about ME...can it be helped with meds or something?

    Hopefully the summer weather will make you feel better...dark rainy winter days don't help much when you're already feeling down, so hopefully the sun will brighten your mood! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.