Tuesday 29 June 2021

Day 1199 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Ursula sandals with fishnet socks
Shoes:  Elegant Evil | Irregular Choice

Last week Irregular Choice ran a sale on their Disney stock and although there wasn't much left in my size that I didn't already own, I've had my eye on these for a long time.  I bought both the Ariel globe heels on launch day, alongside accessories and some Belle things, so these had to go onto the wishlist for another time.  I think they're really different, certainly from the other Disney pieces I own and seeing them up close, I wasn't disappointed, they are every bit as wonderful as I expected them to be.  I think the design is really clever with the purple tentacles down the sides and wrapping around the foot.  There's a lot of materials used in these; just in the toe area you have that awesome metallic blue, the purple and black, gold and red metallic trims and the glitter platform.  There's a lot of cushioning under and over foot, yet these are one of the most uncomfortable pairs of shoes I've tried in recent years.  It was an instant ouch from me, from that strap across the toes.  My foot seems to slip forward and spread to the edges of the shoe and the strap just feels like stiff cardboard, it's so rigid and uncomfortable.  I'd therefore probably not wear these with tights or socks, as it just adds to that slip (you would hope it would cushion the skin slightly, but I felt slightly more comfortable without them).  It's a real pity as the heel and platform are sturdy and easy to walk on and elsewhere there's absolutely no rubbing or pressing against the foot, I just hate that strap!  

Speaking of straps, I definitely did a massive eye roll, when I saw the wiggly shaped strap across the foot and my favourite, a heart shaped buckle.  I'm being sarcastic, if you hadn't guessed! Don't get me wrong, I think the heart buckles are pretty to look at, they finish a shoe nicely, but they are very fiddly and you often need to manipulate the strap a bit to go into it (pushing the sides of the strap together often helps).  Actually once you've undone it a couple of times, it's not so bad.  Getting through the first bit is better than threading the rest of the strap through the pointed section of the heart.  The curved shape of the strap doesn't hinder that much though, I don't think. 

I think I slotted into the last or second last (loosest) hole, but found the fit fine (I wasn't struggling to get into that and actually you prefer not going too tight as the strap then starts to impose on Ursula's face around the side).  The shoe generally feels quite true to size, maybe slightly wide fitting as the sides aren't very rigid.  Wider feet will not appreciate that front strap though! I'm hoping they just need breaking-in and will feel better after a few wears, it's been a long time since I've had to do that to shoes though.  Did you manage to get anything in the sale?   

Wearing: Metallic fishnet socks, Primark (old). 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel, platform 1 1/4". Adjustable buckle fastening on strap. True to size, though quite wide fitting. 
Comfort:  Very uncomfortable, rigid strap across the toes, no rubbing elsewhere.  Chunky heel and platform, easy to walk on.  
wearing fishnet socks and metallic colourful sandals with open toe and buckle
close up of side of shoe with Disney Ursula sea witch face and metallic wave out heel
wearing Disney Ursula sandals with fishnet socks
back view wearing Disney Ursula themed sandals
wearing Irregular Choice Disney Elegant Evil Ursula shoes
Irregular Choice Disney Ursula shoes on floor
Irregular Choice Elegant Evil shoe in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of Disney Ursula face on side of shoe
close up of Ursula Disney heel with metallic and glitter wave design at heel
heart shaped buckle close up on strap
glitter platform on sandal with metallic tentacles on side of shoe
close up of purple metallic strap across shoe

4 comments :

  1. They do look super and the wee fishnet socks go so well with them I think :-D

    Is it just me or has it been really warm in Scotland the last few days :-|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, me and the hot days do not go well together! It's probably just as well we don't get them often.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the heart buckle. They’re so tricky to fasten!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.