Saturday 23 March 2013

Day 845 - Don't Be A Drag, Just Be A Queen


Shoes: Black 'Toad In the Hole' Irregular Choice

Argh, what horrid weather we're experiencing just now. I have to laugh that it's taken until yesterday to be 'newsworthy' as it's a long-standing joke in Scotland that you never hear about bad weather until/if it hits England and that theory has come true yet again! All week we've had snow, every freaking' day (and not forgetting last week) and such strong winds which have made the already low temperatures fall into the below freezing zone (wind chill and all that). Thankfully we are better off than other parts who have 'deep' snow (and no power); ours has tended to be sleet and hail. I have never experienced as much hail as I have in this week. It's been constant. There wasn't really a break in the weather yesterday to pop out for my walk, so I just decided to wrap up as warm as possible and brave it. Under this dress and warm cardigan I was wearing leggings and a slip. I had my hat, scarf and two pairs of gloves on (elbow length leather gloves with wool fingerless elbow gloves over the top), my coat and fur lined boots (how did I survive before these boots?).  I wore the boots for warmth rather than their grip but once I got outside and caught in a hail-storm I realised I needed the rubber sole as it was very wet and crunchy (and sometimes slippy) in parts. Coming back home was worst, as the wind was blowing in my face and I couldn't see a thing.  The hailstones felt ticklish at first but then they became pretty painful, like little bits of grit being thrown at your face and the force of them with the wind whipping was pretty freaky (I tried to capture it with my mobile as much as I could, big waves of hailstones blown into the sides of the road and the lines are the speed of the falling hail).   I was absolutely soaked and covered in little 'polystyrene balls' as my sister and I call them when I got home. My Dad was putting on his boots just as I walked in, he'd thought I'd been longer than usual and was coming to 'rescue' me. You're clearly never too old for your parents to worry about you!

Wearing: Black midi dress, coat and hat Primark, colour block clover cardigan and wine belt Swan by Clements Ribeiro.
Fit: True to size, inside zip, so no need to undo all the laces. Heel 4 3/4" and platform 1 3/4".
Comfort: No issues with these.

4 comments :

  1. My computer died on Thursday evening and life has been pretty blue since and the weather here is hell (horrible below freezing temperatures and bloody wind) but without the hail so I guess you have it worse. I heard about about the power cuts on the news and was wondering how you were holding up. I know we only have a blog friendship but hey, I was worried nonetheless! Anyways, on to the shoe comment - I know I say it all the time, but GOSH I LOVE THOSE BOOTS. They are so perfect, I kind of wish I had gotten them myself too but at least I get to live them through you :)) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, sounds horrid! Aw, that's so sweet, thankfully we've still had power, must be awful for those that don't, no light or heat!! Couldn't live without my computer either!! LOVE these boots too, the amount of times I've worn them they've been well worth it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, the weather really does seem to be horrendous for you, I hate hailstone! It really is painful!
    So glad we haven't had things as bad as you get it up in Scotland, it really is cold though!

    Thankyou for your comment on my blog, uni really is so stressful, and then I find myself stressing about every little thing! Money, will I find a job when I graduate?! So much to deal with! So glad I've only 2 more months left! Sorry to hear your uni experience was so stressful too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope things calm down for you soon. I loved Uni, but the stress I put on myself at the end having been offered a job that I wasn't sure I wanted to take was a battle with my head and heart! I put sooo much pressure on myself, it's no wonder I fell ill. In the end none of it mattered...but I still stress about if/when I ever get out in the 'real world' again and what job I'll get especially having not worked for the past 11 years.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.