Sunday 3 March 2013

Day 834 - I'm More Than What You've Made Of Me


Shoes: Amethyst globe 'Lady Dragon' Vivienne Westwood Anglomania & Melissa 

A wee bonus post today as this is finally my outfit from exactly 2 weeks ago now! It just kinda got lost along the way when I didn't have time to post it. Judging from the outfit, it was a beautiful day a fortnight ago-I can't say I'd be popping out in sheer tights and light dress and jelly shoes this week! I absolutely adore this dress, the print is so pretty and the shape of the dress is Pearl Lowe at it's best. I do wish it were slightly longer though because it tends to rise at the back on me and I'm self conscious of my butt sticking out the bottom, especially when the dress is sheer! The colour poses a big problem for me though. Peacocks described it as navy, then when it arrived it was more purple. It's a colour that doesn't really work that well with black anyway, so what shoes/tights/cardigan am I supposed to wear with it? This is why it's taken me so long to wear a dress I love! Thankfully the sunshine this day let me get away without a cardigan and with sheer nude tights, the shoes were perfect with it. I can't say I've got dozens of styling ideas for this in the future though..how would you wear it or how do you wear yours?

Wearing: Ballerina print tea dress Pearl Lowe at Peacocks, gold superstar tights House of Holland, floral coat Primark, Mischief sunglasses Irregular Choice.
Fit: 4 1/4" heel, true to size (narrow in the toe).
Comfort: After a few hours they can crush the toes.

8 comments :

  1. Hey

    I love your dress, I am looking at one just now, would you say the dress is true to size? As I have a few pearl lowe dresses and I know it can vary in fit and size.

    also luuurve your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Yes it's a true to size one, if anything a little roomy, but the waist tie allows you to pull it in if needed.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, those shoes are so funny!!! I wonder if I could create something similar!! The dress is really pretty and I contemplated buying it too (it didn't look as good on me as it does on you) but it's the material- I'm not keen on the chiffony stuff!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Christmas baubles could be glued onto some sandals to recreate the look! x

      Delete
  3. I have that dress and I love it-I agree it is about an inch too short to be perfect though. I have styled it very matchy matchy with purple tights and purple shoes-new look. Also have worn it with sheer heart print tights and black shoe boots.

    I really want your shoes!-let me know if you decide to sell them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah see I always feel too matchy matchy in any one colour (other than black), that's why I struggle wearing navy or brown, it just feels too much of the same. I might try and pick out some colours from the print and see how I get on.

      Haha, probably not, I love these shoes!

      Delete
  4. I adore your glasses! And the pattern of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, the sunglasses are fabulous, cat shaped!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.