Thursday 7 March 2013

Day 837 - I'll Blame It On The Weatherman


Shoes: Blue Blythe 'Babi' boot Irregular Choice 

After a minor meltdown the day before, yesterday was a much better day (other than wasting my day stalking the Debenhams website for new MAC). My Mum had got some more Henry Holland things from Debenhams for me and I'd tried them and they were either too tight or looked hideous. Yesterday though, I tried them again (with a different bra on) and everything fitted! Just shows you what a difference underwear can make. One of the dresses that fitted both days though was this one, isn't it gorgeous? I've been eyeing it since the new stock came in at the start of the year, desperate for a promotional offer so I could get it. The shops are filled with country & western styles right now and while I would feel a little like I was going to a fancy-dress party if I full-on embraced fringes and denim, this is a cutesy nod to the trend, doing it my way, in my style! The closest thing I could find to cowboy boots were my Blythe boots...it felt appropriate to accessorise with them. On a sidenote, I'm totally digging the new Nashville series on More4 (with Hayden Panettiere) and have gotten really into country music since watching it; I never really appreciated the brilliance of Carrie Underwood until now! Oh and sorry for the dark full-length shot, there wasn't much daylight yesterday-it was miserable.  The mist also turned my hair into a frizz-ball.  Why is weather so cruel in curling your hair if it's straight but straightening curls? Grrr!

Wearing: Navy cowboy print dress H By Henry Holland, suede leggings Primark, hair corsage gift.
Fit: As there's no zip, I bought a size larger for ease getting on and off, the foot is a little big but I don't think my heel would get past the ankle section otherwise. Heel just under 4 1/2".
Comfort: No issues other than they're a struggle to pull off!

8 comments :

  1. I've been looking for a pair of these boots for years in my size, but no luck as yet.
    I love the dress as well and have put it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember where I found mine now...it was a few years ago but I think it was Letsbuyshoes or Branch309 or someone.

      Delete
  2. Firstly, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment. House/apartment hunting on a limited budget is not all I thought it would be, that's for sure.

    Second, LOVING your outfit! It is almost like those boots & that dress were made for each other :)) (and your collection of HH is quite impressive!)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, hope it all works out for you and you find that perfect place.

      Yeah I think HH is taking over from Pearl Lowe now!

      Delete
  3. Haha the above comment took the words out of my mouth...those shoes were made for each other! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loooove this cowgirl inspired dress. so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.