Wednesday 20 March 2013

Day 843 - I Could Feel My Eyes Turning Into Dust


Shoes: Wine 'Sleaze' Carvela at Kurt Geiger 

Ah, it's so nice to be back! We've had dreary weather, sleet mainly, so there's no point in me getting dressed to go out and get soaked, so I've been going a little crazy indoors over the past few days. I missed blogging here though : ) I stumbled upon these boots when looking for something else at the weekend and wanted to wear them because it's been a while. This dress is the perfect partner in terms of colour, I wasn't entirely convinced by the length of dress with the boots or maybe it was the grey tights that were off-putting. Anyway I love the dress and it was soooo cold today that I needed the thick tights and boots. Despite their height, the boots are actually very easy to walk in. The elasticated section at the side gives just enough for movement when walking, but feels very secure and usually ankle boots have a habit of rubbing around the top, no issues there (although they have 'pulled' my tights where the zip is-grrrr).

Wearing: Geo print 'Celia' dress Swan by Clements Ribeiro, wine belt Swan by Clements Ribeiro, grey tights Primark.
Fit: True to size, full length zip so you don't have to take out the laces. Heel height 5 1/2", platform 1 1/4".
Comfort: I actually found these really steady and walked very confidently in them.

6 comments :

  1. I am so jealous of your shoe collection!! Some absolutely amazing pieces!! Do you ever sell any of them to make room for the new ones?

    Visit my blog sometimes if you'd like:
    http://ladynoree.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yessss, I've probably sold/given away/thrown out at least 200 pairs in the past 5 years or so. Usually to make way for more ; )

      Delete
  2. I really like this outfit. You're very brave to wear dresses in this cold. I've only worn a few all winter even with the fleece lined tights! I'm still freezing in jeans! I think the word for me is wimp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've gotten too fat for my fleece tights, they're cutting off the circulation at my thighs!! I'm Scottish, we're hardy to this weather! If that wasn't enough I spent a few years in the Scottish Borders during winter, now THAT was cold!!

      Delete
  3. love the wine red colour ... on the booties, on the dress and on the belt. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.