Friday 6 January 2012

Day 557 - Keep On Moving

Shoes: Grey brocade thigh high 'Teena' boots River Island

I really must apologise for the quality or lack of, of photos in these posts.  I must get a new camera, but until then it's the mobile I'm afraid.  I have never worn these boots outside before, mainly because they're a bit of a hassle to get on.  The zip goes from top to bottom up the back (even over your heel) and although they feature a large elasticated section and split on the opposite side, I've always found them quite snug.  Yesterday though, I thought I'd give them a try and zipped them up in one go, first time!  If anything, they are now quite roomy.  It's really strange because my weight has stayed the same for a month or two now, yet I'm really starting to feel thinner and noticing a difference in my clothes...and boots, it's great!   I still have a long way to go to get back to what I used to be before my illness, but I'm in no hurry considering I've gained the weight over the last 10 years.  Anyway about the rest of the outfit...not sure if I should've kept it a little more simple considering the style and pattern on the boots.  I think I just got so excited that they fitted and chucked on the first dress I could see, that would sit above the boots!    I'm loving that I'm getting to wear ridiculous high heels in the middle of winter by the way-I could forgive the strong winds if they're a replacement for ice, snow and slush!

Wearing:  Yellow seagull dress Fearne Cotton at Very, hat, cardigan and tights all Primark.
Fit:  True to size, elasticated section and full length zip.  5" heel and 1" platform.
Comfort: A little rigid at first (especially when sitting or walking up/down stairs) but after 10 minutes or so, they get a little more flexible.  No other issues.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.