Tuesday 6 January 2015

Day 1010 - Shoesday Tuesday

Wearing Irregular Choice True Boo boots
Shoes: Black 'True Boo' Irregular Choice 

Hello, another pair of gorgeous boots for you this week from Irregular Choice.  I was immediately drawn to these, having seen them in a preview, because they very much reminded me of Sophia Webster 'Dora' ankle boots.
There are of course some differences; a thin stiletto heel on SW, chunky perspex on IC, cut-out hearts on IC, polka dots on SW and of course the length of boot (this pair reach just over mid calf).  However the colour scheme, piping, bow and toe are spookily similar and both are finished off with a frill around the top.  I actually almost bought the Dora, but I'm glad I held off because this heel is much more wearable and they're cosier for winter.  Fit-wise they run a little small, not as much as Lucky Lady I wore here.  Thankfully the chunky zip meant zipping them up was also easier than that other pair, but they were tight across the widest part of my foot.  I suspect they may have stretched with wear, but instead I exchanged them for a size larger.  I was surprised to find the difference between the two very slight.  Given that LL in a 5 were much smaller, but the foot quite roomy in the 6, these were just comfortable in the 6 - width and length! So I think I made the right decision.  If you have a narrow or normal width foot, you'll get away with your usual size, but for half sizes or wider feet, I'd size up.  They also come in red, which are totally striking, but the SW similarities had me favouring the black from the start.  What do you think, do you like these boots?  

Fit: Quite tight across the foot, leg fine.  For comfort, I exchanged these for a bigger size. Just under 4" heel, full length zip.
Comfort:  This is such an easy heel to wear, not too high and not thin.   Irregular Choice True Boo boots Wearing Irregular Choice True Boo boot front Irregular Choice True Boo boot toe detail Irregular Choice True Boo boot heel detail

10 comments :

  1. These are really cute. I love the frill around the top and the bow on the toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. I'd love a pair of IC boots but I haven't seen any low ones (you know me- too high, too high, too high- I'm like a stuck record!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I think they tend to miss out the lower heels when it comes to boots, high or flat, but not anything inbetween.

      Delete
  3. I almost bought these in red (LOOOOOOVE) but then I spent all my money over in Lush and now no more shopping for me (insert sad face). Anyways, the black version is also adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww : ( I keep looking at the red pair...luckily they don't have my size, so I can't be tempted.

      Delete
  4. those clear heels are so 50s! super adorable boots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.