Sunday 25 January 2015

The Shoe Girl Styles It: Kenzo Metallic Eye Flats

Kenzo Metallic Eye Flats
Avert your eyes if pink is not your colour; this outfit may offend! There's a definite dolly theme happening and I rather like it!
Let's start with the shoes, Kenzo metallic silver flats £86 (sale) with embroidered eye detail. They also come in blue or gold if you're interested. Barbie is most definitely having a fashion moment just now with Moschino dedicating their SS15 collection to her, with 'inspired by' vintage Barbie outfits, pink as far as the eye can see, the Moschino logo given a Barbie makeover and of course Ms Plastic Fantastic manages to grace several items. Wildfox have followed suit, with their latest range titled Barbie Dreamhouse. It's every bit as sickly sweet as you'd imagine with logo tees and sweats alongside kittens, cupcakes and hearts. That's not all, several items in the range are scented (lasts up to 10 washes). This 'I Love Ken' fleece jumper is candyfloss scented, but you can also find sunscreen, frosting and even Sex On The Beach cocktail scents. Very novel! I kept the look casual with these slim leg jeans and added a Moschino pink logo bag and these adorable (limited edition) sunglasses by Wildfox, called "Skipper", after Barbie's teen sister. They look exactly like something the doll would wear, down to the logo on the side and don't even start me on the utterly kitsch pink heart shaped case they come with. Do you like this look and more to the point, can you get your head around scented clothing?The Shoe Girl Styles It: Kenzo Metallic Eye Flats
Worn with: Wildfox I Love Ken jumper £110 and Skipper sunglasses £140, 7 For All Mankind 'Roxanne' slim fit jeans £200 and Moschino Barbie logo shoulder bag £386 (sale price, ends today).

4 comments :

  1. Those eyes remind me of Blythe's!!! Also creepy! Am liking the rest though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pair of shoes I'd love to own. I wouldn't mind owning the jumper either, but I don't think I would want any of the smells they're offering. Sunscreen?! I'd probably have to just wash it 10 times, whoops! Still, that's the Barbie font I remember from my childhood and they used to use that shade of pink a lot too.

    If they could make some clove-scented clothes, I don't know what I'd do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not so sure about the scented thing either. It's funny how a font can evoke such fond memories, I'm like that with Sindy, I just love it.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.