Friday 10 August 2012

Day 699 - Late At Night I Toss & I Turn & I Dream Of What I Need

Shoes: Canvas daisy platforms Red Valentino 

Another glorious day-it's like summer has finally arrived, better late than never!  I seem to be on a designer-frenzy this week shoe-wise.  The last 4 consecutive posts have included Prada, Charlotte Olympia and 2 pairs of Miu Miu!  Today, another hot designer, these gorgeous daisy platforms-this season Red Valentino.  I'm sure many of you are thinking they are strikingly similar to the Miu Miu style last summer and that's probably what drew me to them as I'd loved the MM pair.  My only gripe is, the sole was very creased in the arch and the heel therefore feels ever so slightly unstable, as in it buckles a little underfoot.  It's not so bad that you think you're going to fall, but I have to admit I don't feel 100% secure.  Also there seemed to be some mix-up and I got sent a 38 1/2, which is ever so slightly too big, the 38 would have been generous enough (and was what I ordered).  Anyway, I was lucky to get them as I'd been drooling over them since first spotting them!  They went perfectly with this dress too and I took out the normal slip and replaced it with my own shorter one, so the dress was sheer from the knees down.  I don't think you can really see that in the photos unfortunately.  And yes, I felt like going glitter-crazy on my eyes today!

Wearing: Floral maxi dress ASOS Curve, belt taken from another dress, leopard cardigan Be Beau at Matalan, Mischief sunglasses Irregular Choice, pom pom hairband Miss Selfridge.
Fit: True to size, 6" heel and 1 1/4" platform, adjustable buckle.
Comfort: The heel buckles ever so slightly underfoot when walking, which didn't make me feel very stable, but I managed a good pace in them and never stumbled.

2 comments :

  1. great blog went trhough your archives and i really love what i see.

    i come back soon ...

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.