Saturday 16 June 2012

Day 671 - You Carried Me Like A River

Shoes: Black lace 'Chica' Shoemissy Shoes: Gold distressed 'Spatz' Irregular Choice 

Ooh what's this, a double shoe-post? Yes it freakin' is!  Well yesterday was a bit of a bleugh day. It was lashing with rain, non-stop and we had someone fixing the downstairs toilet while two others were in the bathroom upstairs sorting the bath and tiles! It was kinda manic (cue me running around trying to get breakfast and get dressed without being caught in my jammies!), and Mum had already promised that we'd go shopping.  Of course I wasn't keen to venture out in the rain, but was desperate to get away from the work in the house and just desperate to get out (it's been a long time since I've been shopping). I was wearing these shoes...then right before I left the house, I thought it was silly to wear them in rain (I mean it was torrential!). I grabbed the first pair of 'sensible' shoes I could find, even if I did already wear them with this dress back in March. I don't really have a rainy-day wardrobe at my fingertips! You may also notice I changed the rings on my right hand and instead wore my jewelled fox ring (Evans) and added my vintage-esque glasses. I was struggling for time for photos; couldn't take them anywhere I'd be seen by workmen (!) and the daylight had passed (if any) by the time we got home.  I did get stopped by a girl in Debenhams who just had to tell me how much she loved my boots (she even knew they were IC) and then the rest of the dressing-room staff had to paw over them in agreement!

Wearing: Red lace collar dress H by Henry Holland, black leggings, spotty coat, cardigan, boat scarf, stag, owl and owls on branch rings all Primark, deer ring Topshop, spotty bag Gossipi, glasses Claire's and bow brooch my Granny's.
Chica shoes:
Fit:  True to size, just under 4" heel.
Comfort:  Didn't wear these shoes anywhere but can't see any issues with them.
Spatz boots:
Fit: True to size (the buttons do come out if you need to get on and off), 4 1/4" heel.
Comfort: No problems with these and a nice cosy velvet lining!

2 comments :

  1. I love these gold boots - my pair were one of my first ever pairs of irregular choice and I still love them to this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so versatile, go with everything and throughout any season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.