Tuesday 30 August 2022

Day 1256 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Garden Gala
Shoes: Garden Gala (green) | Irregular Choice 

Last week I reviewed Bunny Palette which sadly had to be returned, I'm still gutted about that, but there's no point in keeping something I was unhappy with, especially if I couldn't cover that part.  This week, I have something you've seen before but in a different colour.  A few months ago I blogged about finally getting my hands on the pink Garden Gala (which were my favourite of the three colours these came in).  I thought at around £200 off, I'd grabbed a bargain, however I got the green ones for just over £40.  That's £240 cheaper than they originally retailed for 🤯 and at that price, I just couldn't pass up another pair.  Usually, I go for green or blue, but there was something about the brighter colour mix on the pink that I really loved, which is why they were my first choice.  The flowers here are a combination of silver, white, gold, flashes of yellow and pinks from the palest peachy hue to deep maroon.  The sequins across the toe and inner side is silver on the reverse and a bright turquoise to coordinate with the teal lurex fabric.  

Last time, I sized up and once again, I'm glad I did.  To be honest I actually forgot these were the bigger size when I tried them on for photos as there's really not much room in them.  At the same time, I was trying on a different boot style in my usual size 5/38 and if anything the 6/39 Garden Gala were a smaller fit.  They are quite restrictive around the ankle too, which may force some to size up.  I found the similar shaped Felicette a more generous fit (even in the 5/38), so I'm glad I wasn't influenced by that.  That's the reason why I review different colours or similar base code styles here, because it's not set in stone that they'll all fit the same.  More than once, I've owned the exact same style in different colours/fabrics and they fit differently.  Here, the green GG do fit the same as the pink ones, but the base code for Felicette and others I haven't tried (like Garden Pickle and Pierrette) could be different.  So I always say you can't really use the codes as a guide, as helpful as that would be.  My recommendation would be to size-up in Garden Gala, especially if you're like me and on the larger side of your shoe size.      

Wearing: Rainbow stripe fishnet tights, ASOS (old). 
Fit: Just under 4" heel, no platform. Side zip closure. These are definitely on the smaller side, I bought the size-up (6/39) and there's still not a lot of room. 
Comfort: Solid, block heel, easy to walk in, no issues with rubbing around the top.
Irregular Choice Garden Gala embellished flower boots
wearing Irregular Choice Garden Gala green ankle boots with flowers and block heel
legs in fishnet tights and embellished flower ankle boots
wearing block heeled ankle boots in green metallic with flowers and sequins
Irregular Choice Garden Gala AW21 boots
heavily embellished ankle boot with flowers
Irregular Choice Garden Gala boot on floor
close up of embellished flowers on uppers of ankle boot
close up of zip and sequins on inner side of ankle boot
square toe of ankle boot in sequins with flowers
close up of green metallic block heel on ankle boot
close up of tip of block heel on boot
Irregular Choice Garden Gala in pink and green
Irregular Choice Garden Gala pink and green sequins comparison

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.