Tuesday 23 August 2022

Day 1255 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Bunny Palette
Shoes: Bunny Palette | Irregular Choice 

Another relatively recent purchase for you today, but sadly one I've not been able to keep.  Last week I reviewed my second pair of Looney Tunes, the Merrie Melodies heels, if you missed those.  As you'll be aware if you're a regular reader of the blog, Irregular Choice began making "Paint Your Own Heel" shoes a couple of years ago.  So you buy a regular looking shoe but it comes with an unpainted character heel for you to draw or decorate in your own way.  I've bought numerous styles and have shown them here (as yet) undecorated (aside from the pair I'd already started work on, which btw still needs sealed).  This year, IC decided to go a step further with the uppers left plain for you to decorate too.  Both styles were IC exclusives, a unicorn heeled bow, court shoe or these, bunny heeled ankle boots.  Given that we haven't had a bunny heel with this upper (and that there was more room to decorate), I went with the boot.  

I've been buying my usual size 5/38 in these styles, but that size was very small on me.  They are pictured here and you can see how tight they are.  That said, it's unusual for me to get a smaller style easily zipped up and I did with these.  There was absolutely no wiggle room though and the boot became like a second skin, very hugging!  I decided to exchange them, rather than try to stretch them.  The size 6 were a much better fit.  They didn't hug/cling to my foot like this pair, but there wasn't a whole lot of room in length or width, so I'd really recommend sizing up on these.  

I would've pictured them here too to illustrate the difference, but sadly my pair had a very rippled section on the instep on the outer side of one boot.  I thought it would be too difficult to cover (I was planning on using paint pens), so I exchanged for another pair.  This pair were the same or actually worse as they had some puckering elsewhere too.  I've not been well enough to try them on for more photos before I returned them.  

The boots do crease instantly when you first try them on, so I was expecting that (you can see it in these photos), however this was a proper bumpy, uneven surface that I can only describe as like being puckered.  It would be very difficult to paint on accurately and I worried it would 'crack' the colour.  So rather than get a 4th pair, I've admitted defeat and returned them.  I'm pretty sad about it because I honestly had so many ideas for these that I was considering buying many pairs.  I'll think about the court shoes, but it was the boots I really wanted.  

Wearing: SS18 Kimono patterned tights, Irregular Choice (*previously gifted for review consideration).   
Fit: 4 1/2" heel and 3/4" concealed platform.  Centre back zip.  Small fitting all round in my usual size 5/38, much better fit in the size up.  
Comfort:  No rubbing around the top in the short time I tried them on, obviously much comfier in the bigger size.  
wearing plain bunny heeled ankle boots with kimono print tights
Irregular Choice Bunny heeled ankle boots
paint your own character heeled ankle boots
wearing plain white ankle boots with bunny shaped heel to paint and colourful printed tights
wearing paint your own ankle boots
back view of bunny heeled ankle boots in plain white with patterned tights
short ankle boots with bunny heel to paint and decorate
Irregular Choice Bunny Palette white ankle boot with bunny heel on wooden floor
close up of plain white bunny shaped heel to paint

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.