Tuesday 2 August 2022

Day 1252 - Shoesday Tuesday

Vivienne Westwood Vargas Elevated
Shoes: Vargas elevated | Vivienne Westwood 

If I threw you a curveball last week with the (almost) flat Irregular Choice Booyah, then you'll feel much more at home with these high heels and big platforms.  When I got these shoes last month, they immediately went onto my favourites list, I absolutely love them.  They'd been on my radar, but I hadn't been keeping a close eye on them until the sales started.  Luckily for me, the place that had them the cheapest and still in my size, made further reductions just days later, so there was no hesitation, I bought them right away.  They were the last pair and have since gone in most sizes elsewhere, so I was very lucky.  I actually own these on Stardoll and wear them a lot there, which was what made me look them up again.  It always makes me weirdly satisfied when my virtual me and the real me own the same clothes!  They also come in a single sole style, which I like too, but there was something about this unusual peep-toe and big platform that I was drawn to.  The tartan pattern placement is the same on both shoes, but as in the same print is on the right side i.e. the outside of one shoe but the inside of the other.  So if you're walking and someone looks at you from the side, they'll only see the same print.  Both 'sides' of the print are actually really different, so they're very interesting.  The fabric across the foot is one piece, covering the platform down to the sole and leaving a keyhole opening for a peep toe and peek at part of the platform.  This little detail gives them a shape that in my opinion, is unmistakably Westwood.    

Size wise, I went for my usual 5/38 and found them to fit very true to size.  They're probably therefore running a little on the larger side as I'm more of a 5.5 just now.  The toe area is quite narrow, not as much as Sophia Webster or Charlotte Olympia, but it's something to note.  I have the ankle straps in the second loosest hole here and the buckle is really easy to fasten.  The heel is nice and chunky and I found these shoes overall to be really stable, don't let the 6" heel put you off, they don't feel that high to be honest.  

Wearing: Prada SS08 stockings. 
Fit: 6" heel, 2 1/4" platform. Adjustable buckle fastening on strap. True to size, if a little generous in my regular size 5/38. 
Comfort: No issues with these, sturdy to walk on and no rubbing anywhere.
wearing Prada SS08 stockings and Vivienne Westwood tartan shoes
Vivienne Westwood Vargas Elevated platform shoes with Prada socks
wearing colourful tartan Vivienne Westwood shoes with Prada tights
back of legs wearing tartan heels and Prada tights
back of legs wearing colourful tartan platform shoes
wearing Vivienne Westwood Vargas Elevated platforms
crossed legs wearing Prada socks and Vivienne Westwood tartan platform shoes
Vivienne Westwood Vargas Elevated shoe in box
close up of tartan fabric on toe of shoe
close up of gold buckle on Vivienne Westwood shoe
close up of tartan heel on shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.