Tuesday 16 August 2022

Day 1254 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Merrie Melodies Looney Tunes
Shoes: Merrie Melodies | Irregular Choice (Looney Tunes) 

Today I have the second part of my Looney Tunes haul from Irregular Choice after the Saturday Morning ankle boots last week.  Unlike those, the style today wasn't an IC exclusive, so is available from most stockists and also came in a darker colourway.  The cloud and Tweety Pie portion of the heel is exactly the same as last time, though the platform, as I mentioned last week is mirrored gold.  As I said then, while I like the slightly reflective nature of it, I do think it looks a bit cheap.  You'll see I have one downward looking bird and one sitting up to attention.  I think both were a bit droopy on the boots.The uppers of the court shoe are a LT character print on a pale blue background.  I love the part at the heel with the strips of glitter and "that's all folks" embroidered on the polka dot cotton.  The toe shape feels a little less chunky than the boot, narrower looking, though in turn that makes the cloud platform beneath a little more prominent I think.  I've photographed both soles and insoles as you couldn't see them so well last week.  There's a metallic star print inside, pink on one shoe and blue on the other with the soles covered in LT characters, again one in blue, the other in pink.  I think the logo looks great inside.    

My toes want to curl under when wearing these.  I actually found with this combo of thin socks and tights, it happened less so.  I couldn't help but compare the fit and comfort last week with the boots and if you haven't seen that post yet, I find the boots much easier to walk in.  My weight is very much thrown forward in these and when walking, my feet want to lift out of the shoe and given that there's nothing keeping them in, they can.  In the boot, they can't.  Although they feel a little on the smaller side, I think sizing up would make them even harder to walk in.  They felt uncomfortable pretty quickly and I was eager to take them off.  I didn't find this with the boots.  My whole posture changed when wearing those.   The cut-out portion of the heel as I say on every post with similar shapes, is that it doesn't make any difference.  You're still supported and don't know that it's not there.  

I do think this style is really pretty, but I feel the boots grab your attention more.  Maybe because they have a bolder design that stands out, these shoes despite all that's going on, just sort of blend in.  If I had to recommend a pair for wearing, obviously it would be the boots.     

Wearing:  Black lace ankle socks H&M (very old), black fishnet tights, New Look (old).   
Fit: 5 1/4" heel and around 1" platform. Slip on. A little on the small side in my usual size 5/38, my toes tend to curl under when getting my foot in. 
Comfort: Heel is high, but well supported. Quite uncomfortable to wear and difficult to walk in as my foot slips out.
wearing lace ankle socks fishnets and blue looney Tunes shoes with cloud platform and pink bow
wearing Looney Tunes shoes with Tweety Pie swing heel
wearing Irregular Choice Tweety Pie character heel shoes
wearing shoes with cloud platform and Tweety Pie perch heels
Irregular Choice Looney Tunes bow shoes
Irregular Choice Merrie Melodies Looney Tunes shoes
close up of Looney Tunes print court shoe toe with glitter and fabric bow
embroidered That's All Folks on Irregular Choice Looney Tunes shoe at heel
close up of Tweety Pie on swing perch on cloud platform heel of shoe
Looney Tunes Irregular Choice lining close up in shoe
Irregular Choice Looney Tunes soles

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.