Tuesday 5 October 2021

Day 1213 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Sanrio Little Twin Stars pastel printed tights with sequins yellow bunny heeled court shoes
Shoes: Paint A Flopsy | Irregular Choice 

I wasn't going to show you these until I decorated the heel, but seeing as I shared the Paint Your Own Heels collection from 2021, I figured I may as well show the originals.  These launched last March, before the unicorns (which I can't show you because they are half done, but I've neglected them for months).  The collection in 2021 also included a bunny heel (Paint A Bunny), which I felt was different enough to justify owning both (and I have different ideas for the heels).  Paint A Flopsy are mainly yellow and pinkish sequins, as you'll see from my close-up pics at the bottom of this post, the sequins can really change colour in the light (becoming more of a vivid violet).  They are also the type of sequins you can flip over and the other side is stunning.  I love the high-shine silver with true holographic finish.  Again I took a close up of that and in the shots on my feet, I've lifted little sections like I did with the thigh high boots a couple of weeks ago.  The bow across the toe is yellow with pink spots and actually has wire inside, so you can manipulate it a bit.  

Size-wise I did the usual, automatically bought my usual 5/38, then worried until they arrived that they wouldn't fit because I used to size up in a lot of bunny heels (and characters in general).  You initially think they'll be quite snug, there's barely any toe to them to be honest, it's very stubby there.  However you'll see from some of my photos, my heel actually lifts out and you can see a gap in some poses.  Even after just trying them once, they loosen considerably.  Width wise I don't see any issues, so I personally wouldn't size up or you'll be slipping out and there's no strap to keep you in.  The bunny heel has an almost wedge like appearance and there's a small concealed platform, though these are one of the higher end character heel mould heights.  I personally find them easy to walk on, very sturdy and well supported.  

I really must stop procrastinating that I'm going to 'ruin' these heels or that I don't have the correct materials to decorate them and just get on with it, it's already been a year and a half!  I want this pair to be quite colourful and Easter-ish, but like I say, have other (not concrete yet) plans for this years bunnies. Oh and the bunny heels have holes in the neck for a ribbon, like the original Flopsy etc.   

Wearing:  Spreading Happiness Tights, Irregular Choice x Sanrio (Little Twin Stars, current season). 
Fit:  4 1/4" heel, 3/4" concealed platform.  Slip on.  True to size, though after trying on they do become a bit roomy in the heel especially.  I'd recommend sticking with your usual size and sizing down if between sizes.   
Comfort:  Solid, sturdy wedge like heel, easy to walk on.  
wearing yellow and pink sequins court shoes with polka dot bow
wearing paint your own bunny heeled shoes in yellow and pink sequins
close up wearing bunny heeled shoe from the back
wearing Sanrio pastel tights and Irregular Choice bunny rabbit heel shoes
wearing Irregular Choice Paint A Flopsy and Spreading Happiness Sanrio Tights
back of legs with plain undecorated rabbit heels on shoes
wearing sequins court shoe with pastel printed tights and rabbit shaped heels
wearing yellow and pink sequins court shoes with large bow and bunny shaped heel
holding yellow sequins court shoe with bunny shaped heel in hand in front of shoe shelves
close up of pink polka dot yellow bow on front of shoe
back of shoe with metallic pink strip on yellow sequins uppers
close up of undecorated side of bunny shaped heel on shoe
bunny heel shape shown close up from front
close up of yellow and violet sequins uppers on shoes
close up of yellow and pink sequins uppers on shoe
close up of flip side of sequins uppers on shoes in silver holographic finish

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.