Tuesday 12 October 2021

Day 1214 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Edina
Shoes: Edina | Irregular Choice 

Although I bought these a couple of years ago, they are actually from Irregular Choice's AW12 collection, so quite an age now.  They feature this interesting layered, wooden heel, which is the only pair I have in this shape.  I miss these days, when higher, but still manageable, heel heights were in abundance.  I guess I'm in the minority as almost everything now is a mid heel height.  Due to the shape of this heel, it's almost wedge-like, so I find it very sturdy to walk on.  The front of the shoe is upturned, so there is that rocking effect on the platform when walking.  I got these for an absolute steal, but they only had my regular size (5/38), which I didn't expect to fit.  They look like quite a small fitting shoe to me.  However, they fit perfectly in that size.  The side does come up quite high towards the back, so it hits my ankle bone.  Thankfully because the shoe isn't rigid, it wasn't hurting, but I'm not sure if after a lengthy wear, it would get uncomfortable or annoying.  You can buy those gel pads which lift the heel up a bit, if it is a problem.    

The thick strap has a decorative button and Velcro fastening which also fits me well.  There's quite a large section of Velcro, so there's no worries about it lifting during wear as it feels very secure.  The heel is quite weighty, given it's solid wood, but I have felt heavier and because they fit well and have that very secure strap, the weight doesn't cause any slippage at the heel.  The uppers, despite being all-black are interesting.  They have a very textured finish, not furry, more like a super short fringing.  It's what drew me to them, they are just...weird!  It also means they are perfect for teaming with brighter patterned tights like these.        

Wearing: Still The Fairest Tights, Irregular Choice (past season, previous PR gift). 
Fit:  5" heel and 1 " platform.  Velcro fastening on strap (decorative button).  True to size.    
Comfort:  Perhaps the high vamp hitting the ankle bone could be an issue, but easy to walk in, solid heel and no other issues.  
wearing textured black platform shoes with colourful printed tights
wearing bright patterned tights and textured black wooden heel shoes
wearing Irregular Choice Edina wooden heel platform shoes
wearing wooden heeled platform shoes with textured uppers
back view of apple and dagger heart tights with wood heeled shoes
wearing Disney Snow White printed tights with textured black platform shoes
wearing Disney Snow White tights and Irregular Choice wooden heel shoes
close up of textured uppers on wooden heeled shoes being worn
close up of layered wooden heel of shoe from back
Irregular Choice Edina heels on floor
close up of wooden heel on shoe held in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of decorative button on thick strap of shoe with shoe shelves in background
holding open strap of shoe in hand showing Velcro fastening closure and polka dot velvet lining
textured fringe style uppers close up on shoe

2 comments :

  1. I love these. Wish I hadn’t sold mine. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let them pass me by at the time, was so happy to get them in the end.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.