Tuesday 28 September 2021

Day 1212 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing black fishnet ankle socks and fluffy green court shoes
Shoes: Green fluffy, furry courts | Dolce & Gabbana 

I buckled and bought these crazy shoes!  I mentioned them when I bought my leopard print fluffy courts, but honestly I've tried to resist these for over a year now.  Originally from AW18, they kept showing up on TK Maxx and I repeatedly had to talk myself out of buying them.  When they appeared a month or so ago, again, I kept an eye on them and decided when my size went down to low stock I'd buy them...of course, they sold out didn't they? I was really disappointed, then randomly checked one day to find there was one pair, in my size!  What will be, will be, so they say.  
They are hella fluffy, a much longer pile than my leopard ones and they definitely add inches to your foot, so keep that in mind,  When I hold another pair of (regular) Dolce & Gabbana up against them, it looks like a baby sized shoe in comparison.  Like my leopard pair, they are low cut, so there's a considerable amount of toe cleavage and once more, I opted for the half size up (5.5/38.5) because D&G usually run small and narrow for me.  The visible toes are probably more obvious because of that size up.  When I'm wearing tights or socks like I am here, it's hard to see.  On the catwalk, this is how they were worn, with fishnet socks, so I decided to replicate that.  

The shape is the same as my last pair, with a skinny stiletto heel under all that fur and a pointed toe court base.  I've included photos of both at the bottom of the post, because it's really hard to see beyond the thick fur.  I shook mine up a bit, so they were shaggier looking, but you can smooth them down to give more shape if you prefer.  They are definitely fair-weather shoes, the fur does overlap at the sole and heel, so you'd have to be super careful in dirty or wet conditions.  Size-wise, they are true to size for me in this slightly larger size.  There's no slipping off at the heel, but they definitely don't feel tight either.  I likely could've gotten away with the size 5/38, but because of the narrow toe, they are probably comfier in this size.  Without a doubt one of the crazier pairs in my collection!

Wearing: Bow fishnet ankle socks, can't recall where from. 
Fit:  4 1/2" heel, no platform.  Slip on.  True to size, though a narrow shaped toe so I bought a half size up and there's no heel slippage.   
Comfort:  A little wobbly with the thin heel, think I'm so unaccustomed to wearing shoes now after all this time!
shaggy fluffy green fur court shoes being worn with fishnet socks
close up of fishnet bow ankle sock and green fluffy shoe on foot
front facing legs wearing fluffy green court shoes and fishnet socks
wearing Dolce & Gabbana high heel green fur court shoes
wearing Dolce & Gabbana fluffy green shoes
back view of bow fishnet ankle socks and green stiletto fluffy shoes on feet
Dolce & Gabbana fluffy green shoes on feet
Dolce & Gabbana fluffy green shoes in box
Dolce & Gabbana fluffy green shoes on wooden floor
close up of small stiletto heel tip on fluffy shoes
close up of pointed toe court shoe sole

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.