Tuesday 26 October 2021

Day 1216 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Irregular Choice Slummber Party ankle boots
Shoes: Slummber Party | Irregular Choice 

Another archive style for you today, with these ankle boots from AW17. I was so torn with which colour to buy back then. They came in pink and black as well as this blue and I know I usually go for blue or green, but I was genuinely tempted with the others, especially the pink. In the end, I did get the blue which come with almost greyish pom poms (entirely decorative) and an indigo floral cut-out overlay on top of this beautiful flowery, metallic upper. They have the Abigail's Party style heel with a rounded toe. I love the colour of glitter on the heel; a vivid blue with bigger, sporadic, multi-coloured pieces. I bought these in my usual size 5/38 and whilst there isn't a lot of wiggle room, there's no need for me to size up. They don't feel tight across the front of my foot, nor do I struggle to zip them up. I didn't feel my toes touching the end either.  They are quite a stiff boot, but will hopefully soften a bit with wear. 

I've actually found these quite difficult to style and still haven't worn them out. Every so often, you find a pair where the print or colour just doesn't slot into your wardrobe as easily as you thought it would.  Also note, these are sometimes called "Slumber Party".  If I remember correctly they were officially "Slummber" with the double "m" on the box, but often online it was written with one.   

Wearing: Blue fishnet tights, part of set, Henry Holland for Pretty Polly (old). 
Fit: 4" heel, no platform. Full length inside zip opening. True to size. 
Comfort:  Quite rigid.  
wearing floral ankle boots with fluffy pom pom detail
close up of side of ankle boot with grey fur pom poms and floral uppers
side view of pom pom ankle boots in blue floral with overlay detail and fishnet tights
back view wearing fishnet tights and blue glitter heel ankle boots with pompom detail
bent leg wearing blue metallic floral ankle boots with pompoms and glitter heel
close up wearing ankle boots showing zip closure and pompom detail
Irregular Choice Slummber Party ankle boot held in hand in front of shoe shelves
close up of blue glitter heel on ankle boot

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.