Tuesday 19 October 2021

Day 1215 - Shoesday Tuesday

bright coloured ankle boots worn with green tights
Shoes: Bobs Ur Uncle | Irregular Choice 

An oldie for you today and old photos too, that I haven't yet shown here. I usually take pictures at the weekend, but this week, I just felt so drained. I kept contemplating going into the shoe room and then remembered the piles of shoe boxes I always have to move and decided against it! I have loads of styles I haven't yet fit-reviewed here anyway and many I've already photographed for other posts or social media, so I suppose I can use them and stop making life difficult for myself. I'm also going through my annual shock at how little daylight there is at this time of year and how quickly it gets dark. Why does it surprise me every time?! So it's maybe better I use up old photos during these months and pray for a few hours of light if I buy anything new! These are the fabulously named Bobs Ur Uncle from AW18. They came in three colourways, this bright pink and green definitely being my favourite. I really like the busy clash of prints and materials in different finishes. They have a zip closure, so you don't need to adjust the buckles and laces each time you wear them. I have worn these out once and I wished I'd adjusted the laces prior to that as they felt tighter throughout the day. They do fit quite snug on me, but you have a bit of room for manoeuvre with those laces and the fluffy tongue being so loose. I just need to loosen the laces slightly and they'll be fine. Foot-wise, they are snug, but not uncomfortable, so I didn't need to size up. I thought they might fit like Picture Perfect, which were really small on me, but they definitely aren't as small or tight.  

I really love these, there's something very cool about them and they're a bit different for me.  They also look fantastic with the Party Poodle bag from AW19.  The colours are similar and they look like they're meant for each other.     

Wearing: Green tights, Accessorize (old). 
Fit: 4" heel, no platform. Laces and adjustable buckles on straps, but full length zip so these don't need to be altered each time.  A little snug fitting, but didn't need to size up.   
Comfort:  The time I wore them, they were a bit uncomfortable as the day wore on, as I definitely need to adjust the lacing.  Other than that, it's a nice chunky heel to walk on and the ankle feels very supported.  
ankle boots being worn from front with fluffy tongue and lacing and straps with buckles
close up of foot wearing pink and green mixed materials ankle boot
legs in green tights with green and pink metallic, snake and camo ankle boots
legs from back wearing glitter heeled ankle boots
wearing metallic glitter heeled ankle boots with green tights
wearing AW18 Irregular Choice Bobs Ur Uncle boots
close up wearing fluffy tongue ankle boots with lacing
Irregular Choice Bobs Ur Uncle ankle boots on wooden floor
Irregular Choice Bobs Ur Uncle ankle boot held in hand in front of shoe shelves
close up of round glitter heel on ankle boot, held in hand

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.