Tuesday 15 June 2021

Day 1197 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing SS21 bunny character heel shaped shoes with bunny tights
Shoes: Paint A Bunny | Irregular Choice

So here are the third pair of Paint Your Own Heels from the recent Irregular Choice collection, you can find my fawn pair from last week here.  Last year when IC launched their first heels to decorate, the bunny mould was one of them.  I bought them, but haven't done anything to them yet (have had a plan for a long time, but just never gotten round to it).  That pair were yellow sequins court shoes, so these felt different enough to also buy.  I have a lot to say about these uppers, they are very strange!  So they come across here as a light pink, even paler in the stock photos.  However in reality they are a very neon coral, to the point they are glowing (they honestly look like they are lighting up).  Every individual sequins on these, curls at the edges to create that really textured look and beneath that I initially thought it was mesh, but it's more furry-like (see the bottom photo).  The transparent sequins have a lilac colour, but it changes all the time because of their curved finish, reflecting gold, green and blue as well, which is visible in most photos.  I'm not crazy about neon, fluorescent colours, so I do wish these looked more like the stock images or at least stayed that beautiful pink/lilac hybrid because I love the purple.  They also make my legs go grey for some reason, it's weird.  They completely sap the little colour I have and I look like a corpse, bare legged (when I looked in the mirror my arms and neck were normal and legs grey).  They're my least favourite of the four releases, but I don't hate them, I do find that sequins form interesting.  

Fit-wise, again I went for my usual size 38/5 and they feel quite roomy, especially the more I try them on.  If it weren't for the strap, my foot would slip out, so I'm glad that's there.  The strap has a decorative button, with a Velcro fastening.  In some photos it doesn't look very well covered, I think I just didn't pay attention to that, it does cover almost completely on me and I do appreciate that the Velcro is a similar colour to the shoe, so it's not obvious if it doesn't.  They gape a bit at the sides on me, I'd say these were the widest fitting of the bunch.  The heel again takes on a wedge like appearance and I think these are going to be squeakers!  Remember a lot of people found the tail of the bunny rubbing against the sole creating a squeaky sound on Rainbunny? Yeah, I think these will too.  As with the cat, there are holes in the neck for a ribbon, like the previous painted bunnies have had.  I haven't given any thought to how I'll decorate these yet, I need to start on my pair from last year first.  Last pair to show you from this collection next week, the unicorns.   

Wearing: Blossom Bunny Tights, Irregular Choice (old).   
Fit: 4 1/2" heel and 3/4" concealed platform. Velcro fastening on strap (decorative button only). Quite roomy, probably not enough for me to size down (but opt for the smaller if you're between sizes), but without the strap, my heel would definitely lift out.   
Comfort: The squeaking bunny will annoy, haha! If you can get in-between the sole and tail, you can stick something there, to prevent this.  
wearing pink mary jane sequins shoe with bunny printed tights
close up wearing bunny heel shaped shoe in neon coral sequins and glitter
wearing colourful tights with kimono wearing bunnies and bunny shaped heeled shoes
back view wearing bunny tights with bunny heeled shaped shoes in pink sequins and glitter
wearing bunny print tights and shoes with sequins uppers and bunny shaped heels
sequins mary jane shoe with bunny tights and rabbit shaped heel
close up of wedge rabbit shaped heel on shoe to be painted
white bunny heel on shoe to be painted decorated
glitter strip up back of shoes with layered sequins uppers
close up of neon peach mesh fur fabric at heel of shoe with sequins on top

4 comments :

  1. They are just too cute :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have no idea what I'm going to do with these yet! x

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the sequins. I wasn’t sure if I liked it or not! I was intrigued as I’d never seen that sort of material before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's weird, cool, just the colour can drastically vary which I'm not keen on.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.