Tuesday 22 June 2021

Day 1198 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing gingham glitter court shoes with unicorn heel
Shoes: Paint A Friend | Irregular Choice 

Here's the final Irregular Choice 'Paint Your Own Heels' style from the collection that launched last month.  Like the bunnies last week, the plain unicorn heel was initially released last year (I blogged about them here) and once more I felt these were different enough to own both.  The actual style is the same (the bunnies were different), but instead of sequins we have this glitter gingham. It's more like a coloured check print with glitter overlay, than coloured glitter making up the print, if that makes sense.  I love the summery feel of them, I think I know how I want to decorate the heel and it'll be very different from my sequins ones which I've almost finished.  I really like the blue metallic bow on these too.  The only part I dislike is the join in the print...see above there's two awkward pattern repeats? Hopefully once I do the heel, it'll be less obvious.  

Again, I have mixed sizes of past unicorns heels.  I think this shape (Trixy) are actually a 6/39 and my Eternal Friend, a 5/38, but when I bought this style last year, without thinking, I ordered the 5/38.  I feel your weight is really thrown forward in these, so your toes slip into the tip of the shoe no matter the size.  I found the fawns super comfortable because my feet don't do that in them.  There's not much wiggle room for me in these, but they aren't tight.  I think if they were bigger, my foot would be sliding around more and likely come out the back and as you can see I can still fit socks on with them (though these are thin).  I thought they might bother my ankle bone, because the side appears to curve quite a bit (same with the cat to be honest), but I didn't feel anything when they were on.        

Wearing:  Navy frill ankle socks, eBay.   
Fit:  4 3/4" heel, 3/4" concealed platform, slip on.  Not small enough for me to size up, but not masses of wiggle room in my regular size.  I think the size up would be too big.     
Comfort:  The foot slipping forward thing is a bit uncomfortable after a while, your toes can go a bit numb!  
wearing navy ankle socks and gingham court shoes with metallic blue bow on toe
close up wearing paint your own unicorn heeled shoes
back of unicorn heeled shoe to decorate
legs wearing frill mesh ankle socks and gingham court shoes with unicorn heels
back of legs with unicorn heeled shoes
wearing glitter gingham court shoe with unicorn heel
close up of blue metallic bow on toe of shoe
colourful glitter gingham uppers of shoe close up
plain white unicorn shaped heel on shoe to paint and decorate
back of unicorn heel to paint on shoe
shoes with plain white character heels to paint, lying on floor

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.