Tuesday 1 June 2021

Day 1195 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing high heeled glitter shoes with tulle socks and white cat shaped heel to paint
Shoes:  Paint A Cat | Irregular Choice 

Apologies for not posting last week. I've been going through a stressful time trying to get vaccinated (long story) and the worry eventually took it's toll on me physically. I did get the vaccine last week, so obviously that's impacted me, as it's the first time I've left the house in over 14 months.  So I was surprised I managed to take these photos today. I get used to a new level of pain pretty quickly to be honest (only my arm hurts from the vaccine, but I mean the pain from the outing), but I didn't want to miss another week of blogging.  Anyway, these shoes launched on Friday, whilst I was at the hospital, typical!! By luck, my sister had the day off, so I had her prepped for what to buy on the off-chance they sold out before I got home. Thank goodness I did and she did so well getting them all, because I think they'd all gone after a few minutes and I wasn't home by then.  I bought all 4 styles released and two sizes of one, so I'll be returning the pair that don't fit, so it is worth keeping checking and/or signing up for stock notifications as I'm sure there will be others that bought two to compare. In 2020, I felt IC were particularly innovative, with new ways of lighting up shoes, scrolling text and of course the introduction of a "paint your own heels" collection. The mould of previous character heels we've seen, comes glazed, but unpainted and you can decorate it how you wish. I bought both the unicorns and bunnies last year (separate releases), but never reviewed them here as I was waiting until I'd decorated the heels. It just felt a bit incomplete to share them before they were done and I'd have to post them again once they were finished. However given that it's likely to take me a while (it's plucking up the courage and getting the right materials that caused the delay with the first two), I thought I'd just post my fit reviews anyway. Just note, I won't be wearing these for real as they are! 

The cat heel is actually one of my favourite moulds. I love it's vintage look and I'm always keen to see more uppers with it. I was over the moon when it relaunched as part of the Family Reunion range in 2019 and those (Smitten Kitten) are definitely one of my favourite ever styles. It's possibly the trickiest heel of this new collection to decorate, given how textured it is, but I do have an idea that I think would look amazing (if I can pull it off). Actually I've just had another great idea...very different to my first one, ooh, okay will have to have a think about which to choose.  

The heel takes on a wedge like shape, but is much more separated from the sole than the unicorns, bunnies or fawn.  There's a hole through the neck of this one for a ribbon, same with the bunnies.  The shoe was probably one of my least favourite from this launch, there's something I can't quite put my finger on about this shape that doesn't appeal to me as much as the unicorn styles with that V-split at the front. However, since trying them on, they're my second favourite!  They are really cute. I'm not a massive fan of highly coloured heel tips and you all know orange (coral here) is the only colour I dislike, so I was a bit dubious about the trim on these. I do really like the turquoise colour of the glitter uppers and they glow in the dark too, which you might not know (IC don't advertise this feature). I left them out of their box yesterday and last night when I switched the light off, they were glowing!  I couldn't get a decent photo, but Topsy Turvy here do the same thing.  

Onto the sizing and I found these the roomiest of the four styles.  I'm hoping they don't stretch too much with wear, because they did slip off my heel during certain poses for these photos.  They're quite shallow at the instep/ball of your foot, there's not a lot keeping you in there.  They look like they curve a lot at the ankle bone, but I think it looks that way because of how shallow it is, rather than the side coming up too high.  I certainly didn't feel it hitting my bone at all.  They didn't slip off when walking (yet), I'm just not sure if a full size down would fit.  I think that would be pushing it, so I'll need to use an insole if they begin to loosen.  I am between sizes at the moment and opted for the smaller of the two (5/38), I'd definitely recommend that, don't size-up.  The little peaks of the V at the front don't seem as bothersome as on the unicorns (which often look like they're digging into my foot, when they're not).

Did you manage to get anything from this launch? All these styles were exclusive to IC, so not available through other stockists.  I'm hoping to post all my pairs from this launch over the month, so check back for that.          

Wearing:  Pink tulle star socks, eBay.   
Fit: 4 1/4" heel and 3/4" concealed platform. Slip on.  Run a little large, so if between sizes, opt for the smaller.  Don't think they are big enough to fully size down.   
Comfort:  No issues so far with these.
wearing star tulle socks with glitter shoes with bright flowers on front
legs wearing tulle socks and glitter shoes with white cat shaped heel to decorate
back of legs wearing shoes with white cat shaped heels
close up of turquoise glitter shoes with flowers on toe and cat shaped heel
wearing star mesh socks and glitter shoes with cat heel
close up of bright flowers on front of glitter shoe
close up of side of cat shaped heel on shoe in white
back of cat shaped heel on shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.