Tuesday 8 June 2021

Day 1196 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing bright purple metallic shoe with fawn heel and fishnet socks
Shoes: Paint A Fawn | Irregular Choice 

Today, I have my second pair from the Paint Your Own Heel collection that launched at Irregular Choice the other week.  My cat heels from last week are reviewed here if you missed them.  Once more, I won't be wearing these as they are, I'll definitely be decorating them, I just haven't decided on what to do yet.  As soon as I saw them, I felt they were the ones most inspiring me and the cats less so, but actually I already have my cat concept and I'm now struggling a bit with these.  The uppers are amazing; this bold purple, actually more pinkish than the Cadbury purple they look here.  I can't think of any proper purple shoes I have from IC (or anywhere actually) and certainly not a character heel, so they really excite me in that aspect.  I'm just trying to think of something I can do to compliment such a vivid colour as I don't want to dull it down.  The glitter part is stunning and the main material is a textured croc-metallic.  
This shape has been done before on the fawn heels, but it's not a style I've owned (similar to Flopsy bunnies though).  I initially untied the ribbon on one foot, but have since realised I can get them on and off without undoing them.  I was most unsure about the sizing of this pair as I've had mixed sizes of the fawn heels previously.  The last pair (Fantastic Fawn from Family Reunion) were a 5/38 (my regular size), but I decided to order both a 5 and 6/39 this time.  I unboxed the 5 first and they fitted, so I haven't even looked at the 6 or tried them on to compare before returning.  For me, these are the most comfortable from this release and I know some people will think that strange, as they are at the higher end of the character heel height range.  There's something very comforting and secure about the shoe shape, it really hugs your foot and as the heel takes on a wedge shape, it's very supportive and easy for me to walk on.  I don't feel my weight thrown forward in these, like I do with the unicorn heel.  I feel out of all the styles, these are the neatest fit on me, as some of the others gape.  

They are my favourite of all the four styles released and if I manage to make a decent job of the heel, I could see them becoming a favourite in my whole character heel collection.  They are very different to anything else I own.  Two more styles to share, photo at the bottom of this post, which would you like next week, the unicorns or bunnies?  

Wearing: Metallic fishnet socks, Primark (old). 
Fit:  4 3/4" heel and small concealed platform (was hard to feel to measure, but likely around 1/2-3/4").  Ribbon laces, but I can get them on and off without undoing them.  True to size for me (in my regular size), the neatest fit of all four styles released.     
Comfort:  Find these the comfiest Paint Your Own Heel.  Really like the wedge heel and shape of the shoe makes you feel very supported.  
feet wearing purple metallic shoes with fishnet socks and ribbon ties
wearing shoes with deer shaped heel to paint
legs wearing purple shoes with paint your own deer heel
side view wearing purple shoes with white deer shaped heel to paint
deer heeled shoes from behind being worn with fishnet socks
wearing purple metallic shoes with deer shaped heels
paint your own deer heels being worn
close up of deer shaped heel on shoe
white gloss deer shaped heel on shoe with shoe shelves in background
close up of purple glitter and metallic croc uppers on shoe
4 paint your own heel character heeled shoes on wooden floor

2 comments :

  1. Love these Fawn so much. Although I did size up as I felt they were a bit snug. I agree with you that I’ve never seen a purple like that on a chat her heel before. I really do love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised I didn't need the bigger size, fully expected to, especially as my feet are a bit bigger just now.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.