Tuesday 15 March 2022

Day 1232 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing unicorn seahorse striped tights and matching ankle boots
Shoes: Daisy Dreams | Irregular Choice 

When I spoke last week about having to compromise on certain aspects of footwear these days, these boots immediately sprung to mind.  Daisy Dreams launched for SS19 and while I instantly loved the theme and colours, the heel height was really off-putting for me.  With such a large platform, it essentially takes the heel down to a very small 2 1/4", which means your foot is almost flat inside.  It's nowhere near the elevation my feet are accustomed to.  I do however love the Lady Daisy illustration, it's actually from the AW18 box and sole design and is a carousel, horned seahorse, so I did eventually buy the boots a little later that year.  Taylor Swift wore these in her You Need To Calm Down music video, so they kinda blew up after that and I was lucky to get a pair (even better that they were reduced slightly).  The bit I hadn't noticed in stock photos, was the white fur trim on the edge of the clouds, it's really lovely.  I love all the pretty pastel colours and materials used in these actually.   

The boots zip up the back and I know some people dislike that.  Here, it works so well in not disrupting the rainbow stripes on the inner side.  I do find the zip a bit stiff and it's especially tricky to zip over my heel (fine once I'm past that).  I bought these in my regular size and find them true to size in width and length, but I do need to push my foot forward to help with zipping up over my heel.  The top of the boot is quite stiff, I suspect this will rub the leg with prolonged wear.  There is a gap at the top, which is very much needed to facilitate movement in the ankle when walking in such a rigid style.  The block heel and chunky platform make walking very easy, though maybe quite clompy and not particularly graceful!  I find this chunky style a bit like Bratz doll boots, making your feet look bigger all over.  They do tend to make your legs look slimmer though.  

I am happy I got these.  I missed the Dumbo version for procrastinating that I wouldn't be able to walk in such low heels, but given I have the matching tights, bag, scarf and other bits, it's nice to have these boots complete my set.  

Wearing:  Lady Daisy Tights, Irregular Choice (2018).   
Fit:  3 3/4" heel, platform 1 1/2".  Back zip closure.  True to size in my regular size, though a little tricky to zip up over the heel.  
Comfort:  I suspect these will rub around the top. Heel and platform easy to walk on. 
top of pastel glitter ankle boots on feet with white fur trim
Irregular Choice Daisy Dreams unicorn seahorse ankle boots
back of glitter pastel ankle boots with centre back zips
close up of feet wearing glitter pastel ankle boots with unicorn theme
legs in  striped seahorse tights with matching ankle boots
rainbow and cloud seahorse themed ankle boots
pastel rainbow glitter ankle boot in hand with beautiful unicorn seahorse applique in front of shoe shelves
close up of striped pastel block heel on ankle boot
back of striped block heel on ankle boot in front of shoe room shelves
centre back zip close up on back of ankle boot
almond shaped toe of ankle boot with white furry trim
chunky platform on ankle boot
close up of white fur trim on cloud on ankle boot
Irregular Choice Daisy Dreams boots and matching handbag on wooden floor

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I need to find room for these in the shoe room, they're still in their box!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.