Tuesday 22 March 2022

Day 1233 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Love Is All Around
Shoes: Love Is All Around | Irregular Choice 

These boots came out in SS18, but I think I picked them up in one of the Irregular Choice online hidden gems sales.  They are of course, based on a much older style known as Can Can, which also came in court shoe form.  Personally, I love the shape of the boot.  The heel is a lot shorter than I'd usually attempt, but the slightly weird shoe-boot shape, just draws me in.  That said, this style just aren't comfortable for me and I need to realise that!  I first had the black and white zig-zag patterned pair (iconic pattern, but I eventually sold them).  Then I bought the green paisley fabric with the swans on, in a size-up and they were the incorrect pair in the right box, so were actually 2 sizes bigger and had to be returned.  These I bought in my regular 5/38, but they're just not right on me.  Actually size wise I find them pretty true to size, it's just the back is...problematic.  They're a slip on style and I don't feel any pressure or discomfort across the front (middle) of my foot, despite the high cut vamp (there's no tightness there).  The back have this adjustable ribbon and tongue feature and it's most definitely the tongue that annoys me.  It's uncomfortable against my heel, the edge of the tongue (it's a loose flap all the way down) is inside the edges of the shoe and it's just not a pleasant feeling.  I can't push my foot forward any further because of the high vamp, so it just sits there digging into my heel and walking/movement will likely amplify that.  

I wish the whole thing was much less bulky and awkward against the heel.  I originally said a half size up would help me greatly and it probably would, though I suspect this area would always annoy me.  It's frustrating because it's a style I really like.  The court shoe version doesn't have this feature, but I just don't like it anywhere near as much as the boot.  I need to admit defeat with this style and stop hoping the next pair will be different!  Sometimes, a style just doesn't work for you.  I actually find the toe area pretty comfortable for size and I feel any bigger and the style would slip off my heel as it's got one of those looser fit heels (because the back isn't fixed.  There's no rubbing around the top of the shoe at the front or sides, but again the high-sided back I could feel rubbing against the back of the leg and will likely cause irritation.  

The uppers are a fine glitter with a pink glitter heart print.  They almost feel like paper or carboard, so I would fear these getting wet or dirty.  There's naturally some creasing wanting to happen at the side at the ankle with movement.  The kitten heel sits quite far in, under the foot.  I always find kitten style heels a little tricky/unstable to walk on to be honest, give me a big 5" heel over this any day!  

Wearing:  Pink lace tights, Jonathan Aston (very old). 
Fit: 3 1/4" heel, no platform. Slip on. Adjustable back with ribbon (but no need to undo to put on). See above for sizing, I generally find the sizing pretty true, but the back uncomfortable, which may or may not be helped by a bigger size.   
Comfort:  Can foresee rubbing around the top at the back and rubbing against the heel inside the shoe from the tongue detail.  
glitter heart print shoe boots with pink lace tights
legs wearing pink lace tights and heart print shoe boots with bow detail
back of Irregular Choice Love Is All Around with bow detail
legs in pink lace tights with Irregular Choice heart print shoe boot
wearing Irregular Choice Love Is All Around heart boots
fit review of Irregular Choice Love Is All Around pink heart boots
Irregular Choice Love Is All Around on wooden floor
close up of pink glitter heart print on boots
back bow and tongue detail on shoe boot
Irregular Choice Love Is All Around heel shape

2 comments :

  1. I could imagine these as a wedding shoe but I would just look at them and they'd get dirty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people had issues with the pink bleeding as well onto the lighter colour.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.