Tuesday 1 March 2022

Day 1230 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Irregular Choice Lapin boots
Shoes: Lapin | Irregular Choice 

Another archive style that I've never  reviewed here before.  Lapin came out in AW19 and I bought them straight away (they also came in black).  There's no way I was missing out on these, they're beautiful and you know how much I love a boot.  The knee high boot uppers are a purple floral print with a fine glitter overlay and furry green sections.  My biggest surprise when they arrived, was the green colour as it looked to be pale mint in the stock photos, but is much darker in real life. A bit darker still than it's showing in my photos.  Down the outer side of the boot, you have this adorable applique bunny rabbit in fur and sequins, I love that.  

There's a full length zip and small elasticated gusset section on the inside leg.  The issue with the gusset is that it's only on the boot shaft, so the fur trim around the top cuff of the boot does not stretch at all.  The elasticated bit will only allow a little extra stretch at the top of the calf...I think it would be of very little help to be honest, if extra room is what you need.  Given that the harder glitter material is quite stiff, I was initially worried about these fitting my legs, but they are fine.  I tried them on again today, as I've put on a lot of weight since I first bought these (and since these photos), so expected to struggle, but again, they fit well.  They are reasonably fitted against my leg, not a lot of room, but actually no straining in zipping them up (I often struggle across the middle of my foot) and a slight gap around the top of the boot.  The toe area is roomy, not enough to change sizes, but they are a slightly generous true to size (I bought my usual size 5/38).  The heel is heart shaped, transparent with glitter and artificial flowers suspended.  There's no liquid like the glitter/snow-globe heels.  At 3 1/2", they are on the low side for me, but very comfortable and easy to walk on.  Aren't they dreamy?            

Wearing: Purple lace tights (old). 
Fit: 3 1/2" heel, no platform. Full length inside zip and small elasticated gusset on inside leg, though fixed at top.  True to size in the leg and foot, slightly generous in the toe area in my usual size (5/38).   
Comfort:  No issues with these, easy to zip up and comfortable heel.
wearing purple floral glitter boots with green fur
wearing green furry and purple floral glitter knee high boots with rabbit detail on side
wearing purple lace tights and green fur and floral glitter knee high boots with sequins rabbit detail
back of legs wearing floral glitter knee high boots with transparent heels
sequins bunny rabbit applique boot with green fur and purple floral uppers
Irregular Choice Lapin bunny boots being worn
Irregular Choice Lapin purple floral and green fur knee high boots on wooden floor
close up of fur and sequins bunny on side of knee high boot
close up of purple floral glitter shaft on boot with green fur trim
close up of purple transparent glitter and flower filled heel on boot
close up of heart shaped purple heel tip on boot

2 comments :

  1. They are SOOOOOOOO cute but I would worry about that fur getting dirty!!!! They really are adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to add a fluffy bunny tail...but it already has a tail, I just want it to be fluffy!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.