Tuesday 7 September 2021

Day 1209 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing My Melody Sanrio ankle boots with matching printed tights
Shoes: Everyone Loves You | Irregular Choice x Sanrio 

Here's the final pair from my Sanrio Irregular Choice order a few weeks back.  The pair we saw in previews, that I was sure I wanted and when they arrived, sure I wanted to keep.  I know this big rubber sole and heel is liked by many, I'm personally not fussed one way or another to be honest.  It's fine, I just find it super springy and therefore not that steady to walk on, so I'm always surprised it's touted as an easy to wear higher heel for 'beginners'.  That said, this pair seem steadier and I felt really comfortable and safe in them.  No wobbles whatsoever.  I was most puzzled about which size to order with these as I tried both my regular and the size up of Jurassotops (kept my usual 5/38), but in Hider Seeker, the 5 are hella tight on me.  Like most times, I can't even zip them up.  The boot is certainly shaped more like J, it's shorter like that, but I ordered a 5 and 6, just to be sure.  I didn't even take the 6 out of the box in the end, as the 5 fitted perfectly.  There's no tightness across the widest part of my foot and they zip up easily.  The zip is almost full length, you'll see in a photo below that it just stops at the glitter section, so doesn't go down as far as the instep.  

I didn't note any rubbing around the top of the boot, having tried them both bare legged and with tights here.  My Melody is really soft and her ear sticks up (there's something quite solid inside it, to keep the shape-not stuffing) and again, it's not bothersome against your leg.  I love the large heart print, the super soft pompom at the back and that beautiful shade of green glitter.  Also the insole is absolutely adorable, but difficult to see (I tried to take a photo for you).  Of course I bought the tights to match, I find they don't look sickeningly matchy-matchy y'know? Like you note a difference between your legs and feet, they don't just blend into one.  If you missed my previous Sanrio posts, here's links to the It's Time To Have Fun plane court shoes last week and the Playing Dress Up boots with Hello Kitty and stick on clothes.    

Wearing: Strawberry Melody Tights, Irregular Choice (current). 
Fit: 4 5/8" heel, 1 1/2" platform. Side zip opening.  True to size.   
Comfort:  Didn't find these as springy as some other styles with this sole, so I found them more stable and easier to walk in.  No rubbing around the top of the boot either.    
wearing Irregular Choice Sanrio Everyone Loves You boots with Strawberry Melody Tights
close up of foot wearing Sanrio My Melody ankle boot with furry bunny detail and large platform
front of legs wearing lilac heart print ankle boots with Sanrio character applique
wearing ankle boots with large rubber platform and heel and fluffy Sanrio character on side
back of legs wearing ankle boots with large pink furry pompoms on back
crossed legs showing zip on ankle boot
legs on floor wearing My melody Sanrio ankle boots
My Melody ankle boots lying on wooden floor
My Melody ankle boot held in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of fluffy pink pompom on back of boot
close up of zip fastening on ankle boot and fluffy bunny ear sticking up
close up of green glitter section on ankle boot
Sanrio My Melody pastel insole inside of boot

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.