Tuesday 19 January 2016

Day 1055 - Shoesday Tuesday


Shoes: Nicholas Kirkwood 'Wendy' ankle boots 

Hello, how are you all this week? Today I have possibly the most bargainous boots ever, though they proved rather hard to obtain! Don't worry the story has a happy ending, which makes a pleasant change given my luck with shoes and other orders recently. So I bought these back in May last year. I was browsing the Shoeaholics website, having not placed an order for a while and discovered they were selling several Nicholas Kirkwood styles. Now I have a wishlist (in my head) of specific shoe styles I've missed or would like to own and also brands in general that I'd love to own anything from. NK is one such designer.
The shoes were all hugely discounted (at least half price), though none as much as these boots. £895 (yes, really) down to £99. You don't need to be a mathematician to know that's a MEGA bargain! I cautiously checked the sizes and lo and behold, were the shoe Gods not shining that day. They had one pair left in a 5.5 (38.5). Ahem, that would be MY size! They were also running a 10% discount if you signed up to their emails. I had to wait a day or two if I recall until I got paid and then ordered those puppies as soon as I could. Only to get an email a couple of days later to say, sorry those shoes are no longer in stock, we cannot fulfil your order. I was so, so disappointed. You know how I stalk things though? I discovered the 5.5 in stock once more a few days later. I couldn't use the discount code because it was a one time only thing, so I emailed and they were very good and let me go ahead and buy them, refunding the 10% discount and very kindly the postage too. So that was the story of how I got £895 boots for £89 and struck another brand off my wishlist. As is the case with some of the styles on Shoeaholics, they might not be perfect and I was prepared for that. There was some creasing to the metallic bits and some smudges on the heels (not really scratches or dents, just sections that aren't as polished as others), likely this will happen with one wear anyway. It's stuff that nobody will notice and for 90% off I'm certainly not complaining. They fit like a glove too, totally hug my feet and ankles if that makes sense!  The uppers are velvet with metallic pin dots and that rich wine metallic trim. They have a small concealed platform, stitched toe seam and that signature curved Kirkwood heel (see how it isn't perfectly straight on the inner side?) with little star charms dangling from the laces. I think they are beautiful and a very welcome addition to my collection, what do you think?

Fit: Just over 5" heel and 1" concealed platform. Lace up. These are a 38.5 and the perfect fit for me.
Comfort: Don't foresee any issues with these.

10 comments :

  1. Beautiful. i love the slightly odd shape of the heel. Are they comfortable? They look quite high! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. The look a lot taller in photos than they feel and they really hug the foot too.

      Delete
  2. They're really cool! Obvs too high for moi but I ADORE the details such as the scallops, hanging stars, metallic spotty background and seriously 90% off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and to think I bought them twice essentially without anybody else snapping them up! My stalking skills win again!

      Delete
  3. Whaaaaaaat.....I'm so dissapointed, why haven't I ever found Nicky K's for that price on Shoeaholics. They look super sexy, and I'm pleased they've gone to a good home, and well done on the amazing deal.

    @snarfy Nicholas is the master of the optical illusion. The shape of the heel you mention is combined with a hidden platform to make the heel look a lot higher than they actually are. These are the equivalent of a 10cm heel on a single sole shoe. Also it's all leather, handmade in Italy, so you're getting the best materials so they end up moulding to your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't that amazing?!! None of the others were so heavily discounted surprisingly. It was just meant to be. Totally agree in regards to the fit, they really don't feel as high (though look it) and they fit so beautifully, really hugging my feet.

      Delete
  4. Ohh they are gorgeous (love the little stars on the laces) and such good luck on you getting them!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant and to have missed out the first time and get them again, even better!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, these are wonderful and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.