Tuesday 12 January 2016

Day 1054 - Shoesday Tuesday


Shoes:  Black Trixy unicorn heels Irregular Choice 

Hello, another outfit post for you this week, from December. I think it must've been a doctors appointment. 50/50 chance of it being that or the dentist really! It's still frustrating that I'm only managing out of the house for medical appointments...now that I think of it, it was early December the last time I was out (this outfit).
I'll try not to be a 'Negative Nelly', but as usual I felt hugely uncomfortable taken out of my jammies and into real clothes. These wiggle dresses are my comfort blanket though (you'd suspect the opposite). I would likely wear this one with a belt, but seeing as I was wrapped up in cardi and coat, it didn't seem worth the discomfort. I tried 3 different versions of this dress until I found the correct fit. The regular sized one was tiny in an 18, the 18 in the Curve range wasn't much better (I thought the fit might be more generous), so I had to get the 20. I wanted to wear some fancy shoes (another attempt to feel more like my old self), so I opted for the beautiful black Trixy with gold unicorn heel. They coordinate perfectly with the dress (I wasn't particularly looking for a good match) and though I may have felt uncomfortable, I really like the pieces separately and together. I think this might've been my first time wearing these shoes, though I've had them for quite a while now. I was worried they were going to be too big (I bought the size up) as they feel quite roomy when you slip them on. Much like R2D2 (though not as bad) your weight and feet are thrust forward a little, so my toes do touch the tip of the shoe, which may get uncomfortable after a while in the size down. It all depends on your comfort levels. I certainly didn't feel them slipping off, though I was in the wheelchair most of the time, so I don't suppose I would!  What do you think?

Wearing:  ASOS Curve floral wiggle dress, Primark black tights.
Fit:  4 3/4" heel and 3/4" concealed platform.  Regular size will be a snug fit, but likely stretch with wear.  I sized up and they are a little large on me.
Comfort:  No issues with these.     

1 comment :

  1. Oh these are such lovely shoes! And I love the dress with them too, such a nice match :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.