Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Shoe Girl Styles It: Office On Top (Red)

Office On Top red patent court shoes
I'm really excited for TSGSI this week because I've gone for full-on fancy dress. Last week, I had Halloween themed items, but this time I thought I'd provide a little costume inspiration for the weekend. You have so many options with fancy-dress these days; there's a plethora of ready to wear 'bought' costumes, you can go down the crafty route and make your own or you can find perfectly suitable dress-ups from items you already own and/or can buy a few pieces of ordinary clothing and accessories that can be worn throughout the year, but when combined make the perfect Halloween outfit. I've gone for the latter, as I like a bit of a challenge and my first look is Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmatians. I have to admit as much as I'm against animal cruelty, real fur and killing cute puppies for coats, that woman is one of my fashion icons! She always looks so chic with the furs and LBD's and animal prints. I'll have you know I won a prize for my Cruella costume at the school Halloween disco, some 17 years ago!



So I've created two different sets (one being plus size) and the shoes, have to be pointed for Cruella. It's all about sleek and powerful, so these Office 'On Tops' courts £65 are perfect (use code TREAT for 20% off full price, until Friday). The plus-size outfit features the red pair (more of a bright cherry red), while the other set is the winter red (a darker wine-ish shade). You need a bodycon black dress, preferably with a low cut neckline, like both of these have and then you need to be dripping in fur. "You can never have too much fur" is the look you're going for. I chose cream fluffy coats for both my outfits (cosy for 'trick or treating' too), but there's literally hundreds of styles on the high-street just now. I added long furry stoles to both for the 'more is more' idea (again there's loads of different ones out there) and I'd keep the main outfit to black and neutral colours, with the only acceptable 'colour splash' being red (blood red for added 'evil' don't you know). I chose red gloves to match the shoes and also red lipstick. On the plus size outfit, I added some fluffy pom pom keyrings to this already furry bag and on the other I chose this chic muff (which also comes in black). Obviously I needed to add a little plush dalmatian to each too...just be kind to it. Do you like these looks?The Shoe Girl Styles It: Office On Top Winter Red
Worn with: BooHoo 'Kate' plunge bodycon dress £8, Anita and Green faux fur jacket £64.99, New Look faux fur stole £17.99, ASOS faux fur muff £22, Dents classic fleece lined gloves £20 (sale), Jellycat Merryday puppy £17 and Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick £4.99.The Shoe Girl Styles It: Office On Top Red
Worn with: BooHoo Plus 'Ellen' plunge fitted dress £12, New Look Inspire cream textured oversized coat £54.99, BooHoo 'Megan' long scarf £16, New Look faux fur bowler bag £24.99, ASOS faux fur keyring £10 (each), Dents gloves £28 (sale), Hamleys dalmatian soft toy £9 (sale) and Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick £1.99.

4 comments :

  1. This is hilariously brilliant!!!! We had a teacher do Cruella for World Book day once!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Brilliant...I'd dress as Cruella every day given half the chance!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this outfit and think the idea is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.