Tuesday 1 October 2013

Day 938 - These Wounds Won't Seem To Heal


Shoes: Pink bunny 'Abigail's Party' Irregular Choice 

I was feeling a bit 'off' today, probably tired from yesterday and every once in a blue moon, I have an overwhelming feeling that I want comfort.  I want to wear a big jumper and trousers and flats and just make no effort at all.  I own none of those things though, so can never indulge in a sloppy, effortless day!  I planned my outfit around a pair of leggings which I ended up taking off, along with a pair of shoes I discarded and changed my mind twice about the dress.  So in the end I basically wore nothing I'd intended to!  When I was out walking though, a woman stopped me to say that she knows another woman (elderly I presumed from the way she spoke) that is completely 'mesmerised' by me.  She said, I "brighten her life" as she's always so keen to see what I'm wearing when I walk past her home.  She'll ask her "what did the lady have on today?" and she's always so excited to tell her about my latest outfit.  I thought that was just the sweetest thing and I was so glad this stranger plucked up the courage to come up to me and tell me that.  Especially when I'd been feeling like making no effort at all.  Did anything cheer you up today?

Wearing:  Babydoll dress ASOS Curve, flower hair clip ASOS, leggings and camisole (worn underneath) Primark, black cardigan Red Herring, belt taken from another dress.
Fit: True to size. Heel just over 4".
Comfort: No issues with these and easy to walk in.

8 comments :

  1. A lady stopped me on the train today to tell me my shoes were spectacular! I love it, when strangers compliment my outfits, how could I not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these dress is sweet!!! Love it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, had it for years, from the very first Curve collection at ASOS!

      Delete
  3. That's so nice (how the lady stopped you and complimented your look). I really like your dress & shoes in this post (though I am surprised that it was warm enough. Not sure about where you live but it's bloody cold here in Prague!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad here yet, was actually 18 today. Been quite rainy and windy though. I popped another cardi on over the top of this.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh how utterly lovely of her! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.