Tuesday 15 November 2022

Day 1263 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Trixy
Shoes: Trixy (red, gold heel) | Irregular Choice 

I hadn't realised it was as long as a month since I last posted, IC's Flaming June.  I've not been feeling the best, the usual end of year exhaustion, which I don't understand because I've done absolutely nothing for the last couple of years.  I did have the dentist last month, which was my first time out of the house in a while and I'm guessing it's that that's taken it out of me.  Anyway, I've been buying shoes, Irregular Choice, which usually wouldn't be a surprise, but if you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll know not much has appealed to me in recent collections, so actually it's pretty rare.  Trixy, the bow unicorn court shoes, had another release (there was a previous new collection in Spring with an all-new turquoise chrome finish heel), two colours exclusive to IC and I ordered both, not sure which I'd keep.  This red pair, the uppers are unusual in my unicorn heel collection, everything is black or blues and greens, so that appealed to me.  The heel isn't new, unlike the other pair, which is a chrome finish in bright blue.  I don't know why they always rerelease the gold alongside the newbie (they did the same with the 2-piece launch earlier in the year and I can remember back to the two tone purple/green shift heel in 2015, the other (purple) pair were the gold heel we'd seen before).  Anyway, they're pretty, but I don't know, I wasn't gushing over them, so returned them and then came the Christmas announcement.  I bought a few pairs and they came on Saturday and when I compare the Santa's Here red courts to these Trixy, SH wins definitely.  There was something a bit dull about the uppers here, when I laid them out with my other unicorns, they didn't pop out as they should, given their difference in colour.  

Size wise, I went for a 5/38.  My original Trixy (the gold heeled black pair and that two tone heeled green pair) were both a size up, 6/39.  I've been buying the similar 'paint your own heel' ones in a 5 and they are a little small.  This pair are definitely small, I don't know why I don't just admit I need the bigger size.  The thing is, your weight is thrust forward so your toes get crushed regardless and I find these styles loosen up quite easily and then they get to the point of slipping off your heel when walking (but your toes are still squished against the tip of the shoe).  If I wear tights or thin socks, I can get into them alright, but without, my toes were curling under and I was struggling to straighten them out.  Bear in mind I'm more of an in between size these days.  I actually retried both old Trixy on and honestly they were quite small too!  I think I probably could size up in these and be fine.  The shape looks slightly different when you compare it to the gold heels from the last collection (bottom image), it doesn't cut away at the side before reaching the front like they do.  The red pair come higher up the sides near the front.  I just photographed my gold unicorns to compare colours.  I know both colours I kept are black, but I think they're different enough.  

I will say this pair felt very Christmassy to me.  Before the announcement, I was wondering if they'd be better than any of the festive offerings this year with the red and gold, but no, I'm glad I returned them and ended up with something I was more sure of.  I haven't photographed my Christmas pairs yet, but have done my blue unicorns, but with not feeling up to blogging, I'm behind now!  The lighting doesn't help.  I actually already took these red ones on a day that was fine, right up until I stepped into the shoe room!  It went dark and I tried anyway, but when I emptied the room yet again for the blue pair, I decided to retake these ones in better light.  

Wearing: Layered Fishnets, House Of Holland for Pretty Polly (old). 
Fit:  4 1/2" heel, concealed platform 3/4". Slip on. Small in my usual size, though tend to loosen quite quickly.  It would probably be wise to size up, especially if you're between sizes.
Comfort:  The wedge heel is easy to walk on, though the height may deter some.
wearing red printed court shoes with glitter bow on toe and layered fishnet tights
wearing red court shoes with glitter bow and gold mirrored unicorn heels
wearing red Irregular Choice Trixy unicorn shoes
back of legs in layered fishnet tights with gold unicorn heel shoes
wearing gold chrome unicorn heeled shoes in red pattern
Irregular Choice Trixy gold unicorn character heel
Irregular Choice Trixy unicorn shoe in hand in front of shoe shelves
close up of red glitter bow on court shoe
close up of mirrored gold unicorn heel
close up of patterned red fabric on uppers of shoe
Irregular Choice Trixy unicorn shoes on wooden floor
3 colourways of gold unicorn heeled Irregular Choice Trixy court shoes

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.