Tuesday 22 November 2022

Day 1264 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Looks Like Rain Dear
Shoes: Looks Like Rain Dear | Irregular Choice 

A break from the planned continuation of unicorn heels, after red Trixy last week, because a week past Friday Irregular Choice launched their Christmas collection. Quite early for once! I bought several pairs and they came the next day and I'm going to do fit reviews for each and then hopefully get a more in-depth look up on Pink Haired Princess later. The weather has definitely not been camera friendly this past week, so I hastily emptied the piles of shoe boxes from the shoe room floor when I spied some light at the weekend. I managed two pairs before collapsing in a heap, so here's Looks Like Rain Dear, brilliant name by the way! The fawn heel is not new, it's one of the earliest characters actually and was given a very colourful and sparkly makeover for the Family Reunion collection back in 2019. What they've done this time is ingenious, just some slight tweaks and it's turned into a very Christmassy reindeer. Overall the colour is darker, more of a walnut brown, the black nose has of course been replaced with red for Rudolph and some white glitter added around the base to replicate snow. It's just so smart. I've compared it at the bottom to the original heel.  

The shoe itself is covered in mini gold sequins (applied flat) with red glitter sections at the heel and toe. The front 'tongue' has an interesting shape, I haven't seen this before, a bit like flower petals and that's replicated in those glitter sections, rather than the more traditional (less pronounced) scalloped edging. 

Now at first I thought these were quite small, but if I wear tights, I can slip my foot in no problem. I bought my usual size 5/38. Your weight is really thrown forward, so your toes will touch the tip no matter which size you get. So, if you don't like that feeling, then I wouldn't get these, as it can't be helped. I could easily lift my heel out in certain poses for these photos, so any bigger and I would be struggling to keep them on I think. They have quite a wide toe box so your toes aren't squished in that way, but like I say, you will feel the end because of leaning forward. I think if you were to size up for comfort, you'd just end up needing insoles and heel grips to combat them loosening with wear and falling off your feet. The heel is L shaped, so feels like a wedge and is therefore very solid and sturdy to walk on. 

Out of the three I got, these are actually quite 'plain' or maybe simple is a better word, in comparison. I absolutely love the changes made to the heel and gold and red uppers always scream festive to me, so I'm definitely keeping them.  I mean, we all know I don't *need* more Christmas shoes, but after the disappointment last year of not getting any, I was so happy to see styles that suited me this time. Side note, my neighbours (students) put their Christmas tree up yesterday, lights on and everything! 

Wearing: Ginger Bread Tights, Irregular Choice (2018). 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel and 1" concealed platform. Slip on.  Small to begin with but fine with tights (bought in my usual size), your toes will slide to the tip though the toe box is quite wide.  I would struggle to keep a bigger size from slipping off my heel when walking, so I'd recommend your usual size, but being aware of the toe situation. 
Comfort:  Not sure how long I'd last in these as I so rarely wear shoes nowadays, but after trying them on for a short time I got used to them.  They aren't the comfiest underfoot though.
wearing pink gingerbread tights with gold and red glitter shoes with velvet bow
crossed legs in festive gingerbread print tights with gold and red glitter and sequins shoes
backs of legs wearing reindeer character heeled shoes
wearing Christmas reindeer shoes with gingerbread tights
backs of legs in pink gingerbread man tights with reindeer heel shoes in glitter
new Irregular Choice Christmas reindeer shoes on feet with printed festive tights
Irregular Choice Looks Like Rain Dear shoe in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of reindeer character heel on shoe
close up of red glitter toe and velvet bow on gold sequins shoe
Irregular Choice deer fawn reindeer heel collection on floor
comparison of faces of old original deer heel and new reindeer
side by side comparison of old deer heel and new reindeer heel on shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.