Tuesday 29 November 2022

Day 1265 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Santa's Here
Shoes: Santa's Here | Irregular Choice 

I'm back with another festive pair from the new Irregular Choice Christmas collection.  Last week, I wore the wonderfully titled Looks Like Rain Dear and today, Santa's Here, which are exclusive to IC.  I'll admit, I really wasn't sure about these.  However, I was ordering another couple of pairs and thought I'd try these out and as is often the case, I ended up falling for these, more than the others!  IC, nor I, are strangers to Santa heels; it's one of my favourites (fyi just a repainted gnome), so I'm always keen to see new variations.  The shoe itself is relatively simple, a slip on court with sprig of sparkly holly across the toe.  It was dark when I first tried them on and under artificial lights, that holly is amazing, it twinkles so beautifully.  The fabric of the uppers which at first glance looks more appropriate for a Chinese New Year shoe, is also really pretty.  Not as light or bright as it looks in stock photos, but after taking these photos, I realise it's one of those materials better appreciated in person.  They're just a really pretty, uncomplicated design.  I'm not sure if it's overkill with the reindeer tights, the green really brings out the trim around the shoe though.

Sizing, again, I went with my usual size 38/5 and a similar story to last week.  At first your toes want to curl under, but there's definitely more space at the front than with the deer pair.  They loosen up very quickly, so I wouldn't risk sizing up for fear of struggling to keep them on your feet.  Your weight isn't quite thrust forward as much as last time, so your toes aren't touching the tip like that.  Obviously here you have more of a proper heel whereas the deer acts like a wedge.  It's still chunky and sturdy and I find it very manageable to walk on, even for long periods of time.  Santa has a gloss finish, like the originals (he has come in glitter form a couple of times recently).  

Unfortunately these just come in the 'iconic' floral box and sole, even although they aren't technically a repeat style.  I never understand how they work out which styles go into the Iconic range.  Obviously we've had the heel umpteen times before, but not with this shaped upper, fabric or name, so to me, that makes it new.  The other two pairs I bought have the new season box and soles and all three have the new lining, which is very cosy. 
       
Wearing: Rad Reindeer Tights, Irregular Choice (2021). 
Fit:  4 1/4" heel, 3/4" concealed platform.  Slip on.  A little small at first in my usual size 5/38, but even by the second try they had loosened considerably and were more comfortable.  The bigger size would slip off my heel.     
Comfort: No issues with these.  
wearing green reindeer tights and red court shoes with sparkly holly
wearing Santa heeled court shoe in red floral
wearing red satin floral court shoe with Santa shaped heel
wearing green Christmas tights with festive red shoes
wearing Irregular Choice red Santa heel shoes with reindeer tights
backs of legs in Santa character heels
Irregular Choice Santa's Here shoes on wooden floor
Irregular Choice Santa's Here holly shoes on wooden floor
Santa heel on shoe held in hand in front of shoe shelves
close up of Irregular Choice Santa heel on shoe
close up of green glitter holly on toe of shoe
close up of red satin floral fabric on uppers of Christmas shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.