Tuesday 17 May 2022

Day 1241 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Garden Gala
Shoes: Garden Gala | Irregular Choice 

Another fantastic sale pair for you today, after the rainbow Quartz Order boots last week.  Garden Gala came in three colours and it might surprise you to know, that I didn't buy the green.  It can happen folks!  The other pair were black, but these pink ones stood out to me immediately.  They're the brightest and most colourful of the bunch, so that's why!  The heel is a textured metallic fuchsia and the uppers, a multi-coloured lurex with sporadic patches of sequins.  The sequins are multi-coloured, but silver on the flip-side.  However, the main attraction are the oodles of flower embellishments in varying sizes, colours and finishes.  The yellow pompoms are a favourite, but really I love them all.  The flowers, sensibly, have mostly been attached to the front and outer side of the shoe, leaving the inner side, I'd say half-free, so they don't interfere with walking (and should be less likely to fall off from brushing against the other foot).  You'll see below.  I like that the inside isn't just plain, that it has that lurex and sequins detailing and the front-inner side does have some flowers.  

Now, size-wise, I opted for the bigger size, purely because they'd sold out of the 5/38 and they were such a good price (especially given what they originally retailed for) that I didn't want to miss out on them (I'd already played Amazon-chicken with price reductions and lost, but got them even cheaper from Unrulyu, so it worked out in the end).  I toyed with being brave and getting a 4/37, I'm so glad I didn't.  My reason for considering it, was they're the same base shape as Felicette (photographed together at the bottom of this post), which I find a little generous (though they have a lace-up front).  However the 6/39 are a really good fit on me.  I wonder if I would've struggled with the 5/38, to be honest.  There is a slight gap at the top from some angles, but I feel that area is quite restricted and I need the bigger size for movement whilst walking.  The zip stops slightly short of being full-length and although getting my foot in isn't a struggle, they didn't feel like I was trying on the bigger size as they were quite snug to get into.  Once in, my foot isn't slipping around either, so actually the size up were a good thing I think.  If you're between sizes, I'd definitely size up rather than down, for comfort.  

Heel is a big, chunky one, so super comfy and easy to walk on and there's no platform on these.  The toe shape is a rounded square.  It's reasonably shallow (slightly slanted tip), but there's no pressure on the toes at all, like some (much) older flat-toed IC styles.  I don't struggle to zip them up and didn't note any rubbing around the cuff (though haven't worn them for a long period), both good news as they can often be problematic for me.  My photos 100% don't do them justice, they are stunning in real life.  I was disappointed, I didn't properly capture that.  The colours are really vivid and looked it on my phone, but when I transferred them to my laptop, I wasn't impressed.  Given their original price, I worried I might have to miss these, but I got them around £200 cheaper, so I'm ecstatic at that.  What do you think, aren't they gorgeous?          

Wearing: Blue and purple side stripe tights, ASOS (old). 
Fit: Just under 4" heel, no platform. Side zip closure. I sized up in these to a 39/6 and there's not masses of room, I actually think I would've needed the bigger size for comfort in the ankle area. 
Comfort: Solid, block heel, easy to walk in, no issues with rubbing around the top.
wearing heavily embellished flower ankle boots in bright colours
Irregular Choice Garden Gala AW21 flower ankle boots
wearing stripe tights with flower embellished Irregular Choice ankle boots in bright colours
wearing stripe tights with flower metallic sequins ankle boots
wearing flower ankle boots with coloured sequins and lurex fabric
close up of flower detail on ankle boots being worn
wearing Irregular Choice zip up flower ankle boot
Irregular Choice Garden Gala in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of multi coloured flower and pompom embellishments on ankle boots
sequins square toe of ankle boot in shoe room
close up of toe shape on ankle boot with shoe shelves in background
close up of zip on lurex and sequins material on ankle boot
close up of metallic block heel on ankle boot
close up of block heel, heel tip on ankle boot
Irregular Choice Garden Gala and Felicette ankle boots on wooden floor

3 comments :

  1. Yep, everytime I see these I love them more and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning and such awesome colours. There's an incredible amount of embellishment in them, but still, the original price was definitely off-putting for me.

      Delete
    2. Hard agree, particularly as I have a huge collection of shoes which are just never really worn any more. It was too much for me to justify when I knew they would be sitting in their box for goodness knows how long.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.