Tuesday 31 May 2022

Day 1243 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Barnacle Betty
Shoes: Barnacle Betty | Irregular Choice 

Another set of old photos and a pair I find it hard to believe I've never reviewed here before (from SS17).  Firstly, last week were the lilac version of Pooch Perfect boots if you missed those and there's a link in that post to the white pair I reviewed first.  These perspex carved heels haven't been appearing all that much lately.  There were ankle boots in both Pokemon and The Wizard Of Oz collections, along with the red Click Your Heels shoes that I bought from Oz and prior to that, Little Twin Stars shoes in the Sanrio launch.  However, they haven't been appearing as regularly in the main-line, until the new Perfect In Every Way (basically a re-work of Fairies In A Jar) launched a few days ago to join Daisy Do for SS22 and of course the re-re-release of Shirley Bass earlier in the year.  None of these take my fancy but I used to always get at least one pair with this heel every season.  The period where they made these T-bar styles, season after season, was my favourite time.  I have Blossom Bunny, Tiny Ted, Pretty Poodle and Bellissima (which are similar, but slightly different) and got a lot of wear out of all of them.  

I tend to vary in sizing up or not, in lucite heel styles and my original T-bar styles I just bought the bigger size in fear my usual wouldn't fit.  For this pair though (and after finding my size 6's roomy), I got my regular size 5/38.  The length is fine, there's not lots of room, but across the top of the foot (at the base of the T-bar, is where I feel tightness.  It's bearable and wearable in this pair, but that's usually where I feel I have to size-up if it's too tight.  The ankle straps are generous and thankfully easy to fasten too (no fiddly buckles or thick straps).  I have plenty of room there and there's lots of hole options which is great.  The T-bar also slides along the strap, which I always appreciate, so you can readjust it to the centre depending on which hole you're using.    

The heel measures just under 4" with no platform and I've probably said a million times before that this heel was my go-to for being comfortable and easy to walk on, when there was a lot of walking involved.  Betty the mermaid is one of my favourite box and sole designs, so I love that she's featured on lots of other things too (my shoe storage box is this design).  I paired them with the matching tights here, I also have jewellery and the beautiful glittery shoulder bag.      

Wearing:  Mermaid tights, Irregular Choice (from SS18).   
Fit:  Heel just under 4", no platform.  Adjustable buckle fastening on ankle strap.  True to size in length, can be a little tight at the base of the T-bar, across the top of the foot.  Bought in my usual size 5/38 and feel comfortable enough in them not to size up.     
Comfort:  The lining was a bit irritating and uncomfortable when I tried them on with bare feet, generally the shoe isn't very cushioned.  Sturdy heel to walk on, didn't note any rubbing at the back of the leg where the strap is.    
wearing seahorse and mermaid shoes with matching striped tights
wearing mermaid striped tights with lucite heeled shoes with small bow
wearing lilac shoes with transparent heels and mermaid tights
back of legs in mermaid print tights with lucite heel shoes
wearing mermaid shoes and tights with ombre clear heel
crossed legs in mermaid tights with lilac shoes with mermaid and seahorse detail and pearls
holding lilac shoe in hand with perspex heel and shoe shelves in background
close up of mermaid detail on T-bar of shoe with shoe room in background
close up of seahorse detail on T-bar strap of shoe with shoe room in background

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.