Tuesday 9 November 2021

Day 1218 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Irregular Choice Wish Magic shoes
Shoes: Wish Magic | Irregular Choice 

New pair of shoes incoming! It's been a while since I've had a new season/new style from IC, but these wand heels from their Magic Sceptre collection that launched last week, really spoke to me. First though, I have to apologise that the photos aren't the best. The first pair of tights I wore were a disaster when it came to editing (I suspected as much and should've trusted my instincts, but you never know for sure until you've started resizing them online), so I had to reshoot the whole lot. By then, the sun was shining and creating all sorts of brightness and shadows and my phone wasn't positioned as well as the first time and chopped off the bottom of the shoes, so I had to try for a third time...I was beat by this point!  I've salvaged what I can, albeit with shadows and Casper legs, but I've covered all angles as usual. So, the magic wand heels are a brand new heel concept and for once, a nice high height, which is probably my reason for buying so little lately but fawning over these. There is a massive, chunky platform on all the styles to off-set that high heel though. Charming Heart are a court with light up heart, available in pink or black (wasn't fussed on those), Fairy Fantastic are a bubble boot in pastel glitter or rainbow metallic (like that pair), complete with detachable holster for bubbles...yes, really. Wish Magic, the pair I bought, came in this dark colourway or a lighter one in pale green, pink and silver. 

You know what they remind me of? The Louis Vuitton AW09 shoes, the ones with the beads or pearls around the middle of the heel. I freakin' loved those shoes and honestly, however many years on, still hanker after them. So, I was pretty excited by these. Material and colour-wise, they are quite different for me and IC, they make me think of the very old, metallic Love Games courts that came with removable leg spats. I remember thinking at the time, that fabric was quite unusual for IC. The fabric is heaps prettier in person and really stunning under artificial light actually, they really shine at night. The pattern is made up of mostly pink, brown, mauve and gold. The shape is very similar to my Dreamscape rainbow wing heels from last season, though this time the ankle cuff is more adjustable.  Last time, it fastened with Velcro, so you either made it or not.  This time, it's lace-up with velvet ribbon.  There's two rows of (heart shaped) eyelets, so it's fully adjustable.  As you'll see, the sides meet with me and fit pretty flush around my ankle, so smaller ankles will fit looser as this is as tight as the cuff will go.  Thankfully the ribbon is double sided, so it's pretty easy to tie without worrying about showing the 'wrong' side. 

The toe is quite bulbous and the sides of the shoe, like on Dreamscape aren't rigid, so there's a little leeway there in width.  I found these true to size, in my regular size (5/38).  Though they very easily loosen up with wear and actually feel quite roomy quickly, especially in the heel area.  With that ankle strap though, there's no worry of the shoe slipping off the heel.  I absolutely adore the layered glitter sections on the platform and around the back of the heel.  I'm mesmerized by it!    

I've inserted a quick video at the bottom of this post of the lights and sounds the heel make and explained how that works.  My only critique is that the big heart shape on the heel and the silver band beneath that, rotate a little.  The bottom glittery pink section is rigid as is the very top, but the other parts must be hollow and threaded onto a pole between and it's very disconcerting when it moves.  The moment I took them out the box, it slipped and I thought they were broken until I realised the other shoe did it too.  It feels flimsy, I don't like it.  In the top see-through section that meets the sole, there's actually loose glitter which is cute.  The lights are on the sides of the heart and the silver part.  The heels are the same colour across all 6 styles.  The second I saw the preview, they made me think of Sailor Moon, the wand is very similar.  What do you think about these?        

Wearing: Metallic gold fishnet tights, New Look (old). 
Fit: 5" heel and 1 1/2" platform. Slip on with adjustable (double sided) velvet ribbon on cuff. True to size, though loosen quickly with wear (especially in the heel area). 
Comfort:  Could've done with a bit more padding underfoot (I definitely wore these for longer than I usually would for photos).  No rubbing anywhere.  Quite a narrow/small sole base that touches the ground.  
front view wearing fishnet tights and Irregular Choice Wish Magic chevron platforms
wearing metallic chevron patterned shoes with glitter platform and ribbon ankle cuff
wearing shoes with magic wand shaped heels in pink glitter
AW21 magic wand shaped concept heeled shoes by Irregular Choice
wearing glitter and metallic shoes with ankle cuff, velvet ribbon and wand shaped heel
Irregular Choice AW21 magic wand shoes
wearing fishnet tights and glitter layered platform shoes with pink velvet ribbon ties
legs on wooden floor wearing fishnet tights and chevron design shoes with magic wand glitter heels
wearing shoes with magic wand heel that lights up and makes sounds
wearing round toe platform shoes with velvet bow ankle cuff
Irregular Choice Wish Magic shoe in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of layered glitter section at heel of shoe
Irregular Choice magic wand heel in pink glitter in hand
close up of loose glitter in transparent heel of shoe
[Warning: footage contains flashing lights]: Video of lights and trrrrrring sound! Obviously the darker the room, the more impressive the white lights are (it was daylight here), they are very flashy.  Lights work in both shoes, sound only operates in right shoe.  That shoe also contains the port to charge via USB.  Lights and sounds can be turned on or off via a switch in the inner side of each shoe and function when impact is made with base of heel (i.e. walking).  
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.