Tuesday 13 July 2021

Day 1201 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing dalmatian print sandals with fluffy neon marabou trim
Shoes: Nicole marabou dalmatian | Sophia Webster 

These were another of my birthday shoes from last year, but a pair I'm not intending keeping.  I spoke about it here, I do really think they are awesome, just not sure they are practical enough, even although I'm not known for my sensible shoes! I have to apologise again for the blunder last week...blogging a pair I'd only blogged 6 weeks previous.  My life is that mundane, I didn't even notice until a couple of days later!!  The words did feel familiar, but I had no inclination when editing the photos (idiot), but I just put it down to already reviewing them on PHP.  Wow, what a doofus, even my ever-forgetful Mum was making fun of me for this mistake!  
Like D&G last week, I generally find Sophia Webster shoes quite narrow and sometimes small all over.  My usual size with them therefore is a half size larger (38.5) than my regular size.  They always mention the fit on the SW website (these were a web and boutique exclusive), so taking that on board I went with my usual size (in SW).  Open sided and open toed, means a little bit of leeway and I think the 5 probably would've been fine here too, but the 5 1/2 fit great.  

This style is the Nicole, which used to be a stiletto heeled sandal with much less personality (in my opinion) than this revamped version (it came in 3 colourways) with marabou feather trim and this gorgeous hourglass shaped heel.  I really love it, as often SW heels are very, very skinny and being heavier, I worry about the pressure on such a small point!  This one feels pretty supportive and I just really like it to look at.  The strap on the front is the bit I can see causing issues, they may just need breaking in.  Like any 'strappy' sandal, the foot tends to splay out and therefore it's uncomfortable on the toes at the sides of the strap.  I didn't find my weight thrust forward, but did find the socks a bit slippy with these.  I love the way the strap overlaps the high back, so there's no rubbing or nipping there.  I'm sure I said originally how much I love the dalmatian print and also the contrast of that with the neon pink and lime.  I stand by that, I'm just not sure I would wear these enough day to day you know?  

Wearing: Black spot socks, I feel like I bought these online recently, but no idea where from.   
Fit: Just over 4" heel, no platform. Adjustable buckle ankle strap.  True to size (I took my usual half size up in SW, 38.5).   
Comfort:  Can definitely see the strap at the front rubbing and feeling uncomfortable even after a short time.  Supportive heel to walk on.  
wearing spot ankle socks with marabou feather trim sandals and neon strap
close up wearing dalmatian leather sandal with fluffy neon trim and spot ankle socks
wearing mesh socks and feather dalmatian sandals
back of dalmatian print sandals with black dot ankle socks
wearing dalmatian and neon feather sandals with ankle socks
Sophia Webster dalmatian sandal in hand in front of shoe room shelves
close up of hourglass shaped heel on sandal
close up of neon pink ankle strap on sandal
close up of neon marabou feather trim on front of sandal

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.