Tuesday 6 July 2021

Day 1200 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing black lace socks and red shoes with multi buckle strap fastenings
Shoes: Red sequins embellished buckle shoes | Dolce & Gabbana

*Apologies, I already posted these shoes here a couple of months ago, my memory is clearly non-existent.  I did think it seemed familiar when I was writing the post 😳 Ah well, you get a different sock pairing for them*  You may have already seen these shoes in my review on Pink Haired Princess, they were one of the pairs I bought myself last year for my 40th birthday.  I haven't been able to wear any of the four pairs yet, as I've only left the house once (for my vaccine) in all this time, but I thought I'd review their fit here.  Generally, I find D&G shoes quite small fitting, so I got the half size larger in these (38.5) and they are pretty perfect.  A little narrow in the toe, so you may also want to opt for a slightly roomier fit, but length wise they feel true for me.  All three buckles unfasten and have adjustable straps.  I can get these on and off without taking out the purple velvet one; the grey and red reptile straps and buckles all fasten really easily. There's nothing fiddly, thankfully.  The heel is nice and sturdy to walk on and it feels like your foot is well supported.  
These were from the AW17 collection and had been on my wishlist for a long time, they came in different colours and there's even boot versions with the multiple straps in different colours and materials.  Although I tend to opt for green or blue options when it comes to shoes, I absolutely have a weakness for red shoes, especially if they are sparkly or shiny!  I'm currently trying to find room for these (and a few others) on my shelves in the shoe room.  I made slight progress in that you can get into the room and see a tiny portion of the floor...it was literally filled with boxes and bags before!  I'm going to have to implement a "one in, one out" policy I reckon, as I just don't have the space for more, it's been driving me crazy this past wee while.  Despite it being a tradition for me, I didn't buy a birthday pair this year.  It's getting harder to justify buying shoes when I never leave the house now and after all the announcements this week (although we haven't had any in Scotland yet) I just want to stay in my house forever to be honest.  It's not safe for me to be out, when I see and hear the mixing other people do.  I can't be a part of that, even indirectly, so there's nowhere safe for me to go even if I wanted to get out.  I don't know when or if my view on that will ever change.  Anyway, I think these may be a tad too fancy for my 2nd dose, haven't had my letter yet as I was a while behind everyone else in getting my first one.  Last time I had issues finding a dress with short enough sleeves, so many of mine have sleeves that can't be rolled up!  

Wearing: Lace, velvet ribbon socks ASOS (old). 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel, adjustable buckles on all 3 straps.  I opted for a half size larger and found that to be true to size, a little narrow in the toe.   
Comfort:  No issues with these.  
pale legs wearing black lace and velvet ribbon socks with red sequins Dolce & Gabbana shoes
close up of foot in red sequins beaded shoe with multiple straps
back of legs in black lace socks and red sequins shoes
legs wearing black lace and ribbon socks with red sequins embellished shoes
holding red sequins and embellished shoe in hand in front of shoe shelves
front of shoes with 3 straps and buckles in different finishes and colours
embellished pointed toe of red sequins shoe

2 comments :

  1. These are gorgeous <3 I don't do well with pointy toes though - I have very broad feet and they nip :-|

    How did you get on with your vaccine? I got my first Astra at the end of May and was ill for 2 weeks and oh god the arm pain :-O It also messed up my period too :-( And had other issues as well. My other half, he had Pfiser....sore arm for a day and was fine! If I am perfectly honest with you, I still don't feel 100% or myself *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. My Dad was really ill with AZ, so when the rest of us went we were prepared for that. We took it easy afterwards and took pills and plenty water to help. My arm hurt a bit for a week, my sister had really limited movement in hers (she got P), but otherwise it was just being knackered from being out for the 1st time. 2nd one was fine, no arm trouble and I didn't put makeup or anything on, so I wasn't quite as sore and tired after. I've heard that about periods, mine are still like clockwork every 3 bloody weeks unfortunately (and had it during my first jab). How are you feeling now?

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.