Monday 16 October 2017

Day 1119 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Irregular Choice mint Kir Royal shoes with blue net tights
Shoes: Irregular Choice Kir Royal

An absolutely dreamy pair of shoes for you today and one of my favourite ever designs from IC. It was most definitely love at first sight with these. The colour (mint has been my favourite colour since I was little), the fur, pearls, interesting heel concept and the beautiful heart detail at the back (that back view is stunning). They are utterly beautiful. This is the type of thing I'm hoping to see from The Muppets collection.  Something a little bonkers, fun and silly and Irregular Choice are the perfect brand to do that, so fingers crossed. 
Now initially I thought they were quite big in the heel area, but the shoe is quite hard and I felt I wouldn't fit a smaller size because of that stiffness in the rest of the shoe. However, I've tried them on a couple of times now and I'm convinced I might've managed the smaller size. The size down (a 4/37) has been OOS since the launch, so with these being so precious to me, I didn't want to return them in case I ended up with none (and by then the 5/38 I'd bought had also sold out). I can get away with it, I could add an insole, but certainly if you find yourself between sizes (remember I'm usually a 5/38 or 6/39), then my advice would definitely be to opt for the smaller size. I wish I could've tried the 4, out of curiosity, but never mind. There's been too many expensive special releases lately for me to manage to buy two sizes to compare and it wouldn't have crossed my mind to go for a 4 anyway. I also found the Tatsu boots you saw last time, big in the heel (though not as big all over), so it's something to note in these styles.

I think I might've mentioned in that post that I found these shoes slightly easier to walk in than the more springy boots. The heels and platforms measure the same across all these styles though, so it's nothing to do with that. I do prefer the cut-out section on the boot to the shoe. The sole of the shoe (on the shoe part not the platform base sole, which is the regular painted IC picture sole) is just a boring, standard tan shade and the platform is covered in material which doesn't have as neat a finish as the ankle boot (which has a glitter platform and green top sole). Just a tiny little blemish on my otherwise dream shoes! There's also tiny coloured beads throughout the furry uppers which you can see in some photos below and lovely embellishments around the top of the shoe. Oh and the pearl straps, like Eros, fasten with lobster clasps at either side (so you can undo whichever side is easier). I found I could leave the bottom row attached and slip my foot in and out, but I was a bit worried about stretching and bursting the top one, so I always un-clip that. I don't find the process particularly fiddly, it's a nice sized clasp. I loved this detail on Eros, so I was giddy at getting two rows on these! I'm loving all the pearl details this season actually.  What do you think, do you like these?

Wearing: Ice blue lacey net tights Topshop (old). 
Fit: 5" heel and 1" platform. Pearl straps attach and detach at both sides with clasps into loops.  I found these ran large, especially in the heel area.  I probably could've sized down, certainly if you're between sizes, opt for the smaller.   
Comfort: A nice wide base to walk on and the platform reduces the heel to a more manageable height.   wearing irregular choice kir royal shoes back view of heart detail and glitter heelwearing Irregular Choice Kir Royal cut out heels back viewwearing Irregular Choice Kir Royal furry shoes with pearl strap detailwearing Irregular Choice Kir Royal mint fur shoes with floral embellishmentswearing Irregular Choice pearl straps and fluffy mint coloured shoes front viewside view wearing cut out wedge heel detail on Irregular Choice Kir Royaltop view of mint fur fabric, pearl strap and embellished Irregular Choice shoeswearing Irregular Choice Kir Royal detail of glitter heel cut out, lace heart and fur uppers

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.