Tuesday 18 January 2022

Day 1224 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing ruby sequins Dorothy shoes with perspex heel and lace ankle socks
Shoes: Click Your Heels | Irregular Choice, The Wizard Of Oz 

Something new for you this week.  The Wizard Of Oz Irregular Choice collaboration launched mid December and whilst I'm not fanatical about the film (like a lot of people are), I did like some of the collection.  I wasn't going to get anything though, but this style was my favourite and down to one pair left in my size the day after release, so I buckled and bought them!  This style is exclusive to Irregular Choice, so you can't get it from any other IC stockist. The perspex heel is always a favourite of mine, I have so many shoes and boots with variations of it.  I'll admit this one felt higher than my others, but measured the same.  I think it's maybe the higher instep in them to house the bits for the lights.  They do light up, the bows have white bulbs in them that flash, but I didn't stomp the floor for photos, sorry!  There's an on/off switch halfway down the inner side on each shoe and these are non-rechargeable.  There's quite a bit of bulk beneath the insole, you can see it along the edge when looking inside, so I do feel like my foot was more elevated than usual for these heels.  Even looking at the photos here, I can tell the sides are deeper than usual.  

This style of shoe, funnily enough is most similar to Oz, which we've seen in various fabrics, patterns and colours over the years.  I shared my green tinsel ones in my festive footwear posts last month.  I vary in the perspex heels between my usual size and needing to size up, dependant usually on the front and whether there's something pressing into the top of the foot.  Like I say, out of all the styles, they were most similar to Oz with the tongue detail and I have those in my usual size, so bought the 38/5 like normal.  They fit fine and like my post last week I've nothing important to note, they just feel normal in length and width with no pressure at the bow/tongue. 

The shade of red for the sequins uppers is really pretty and the retro looking flat bow really fits well with looking like proper "Dorothy" shoes.  On one shoe you get a print of Judy Garland as Dorothy on pink gingham, with the heart shape on the other foot saying "The Wizard Of Oz".  It's a detail I could've done without, but that fans will probably love.  I love the glossy picture soles and the blue gingham, red metallic and yellow brick road lining.   

Wearing: Lace trim ankle socks, Primark (old). 
Fit: Just under 4" heel, no platform. Slip on. On/off light switch midway down inner side, non rechargeable.  True to size in my normal size. 
Comfort:  Feel a lot higher than usual courts with this heel, though they measure the same.  
wearing Wizard Of Oz red sequins court shoes with light up bow and ankle socks
wearing ombre lucite heel court shoes in red sequins with gingham heart detail on side
wearing ankle socks and red sequins Dorothy shoes
back of legs in lucite ombre heels with red sequins uppers
wearing ankle socks and red sequins wizard of oz shoes with perspex heel and heart detail
close up of foot in ankle sock and red sequins court shoes with gingham heart and Wizard Of Oz written in it
close up of feet in red sequins shoes with Judy Garland Dorothy heart on side
legs with ruby red sequins sparkling shoes
legs on floor wearing ankle socks and Dorothy red sequins shoes
Wizard Of Oz ruby red shoes
Irregular Choice Wizard of Oz shoes in red sequins with yellow brick road and red metallic lining
Wizard of Oz shoes with blue gingham lining and Dorothy heart on side
close up of red sequins shoes with light up bow on front
close up of red perspex ombre heel on shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.