Tuesday 11 January 2022

Day 1223 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Minnie Mouse sandals and spotty tulle socks and blue tights
Shoes: Tropical Minnie | Irregular Choice x Disney (Mickey & Friends)

A return to the archive photos today as my back has been sore so I was unable to stand to photograph my new(er) Wizard Of Oz shoes.  It's also been pretty dark lately...I've given up trying to predict the weather right now, it's so changeable from day to day and throughout each day.  Unlike most places, we've missed the snow so far though.  Anyway, these are an older style that I hadn't yet reviewed, from the Mickey & Friends collection in 2017.  As much as I love the tropical version of Minnie Mouse, these weren't top of my wishlist at the time.  However I got them in the Schuh Christmas sale that year and although the style maybe isn't that exciting, I really like them.  I'm personally fond of a little T-bar detail and these take on that style with a strappy front and Minnie's face attached between that and the ankle strap.  I'm also much happier with an applique face than a printed one and this one has a patent finish with suedette, fabric and embroidery.  

The strap is a bit of a fiddle because the buckle is heart shaped and the strap made of several layers, so quite thick to get through.  From experience, my best advice with these fiddly buckles is to pinch the sides of the strap and try and poke it through that way.  At least it's softer fabric, the glitter ones are usually a nightmare.  The heel is chunky and the small platform very steady, so they're easy to walk in.  I don't really have anything to say about the fit, perfectly true to size for me, no issues with width or length, so nothing to report!  You know what's really cute though? The mouse head silhouette inside one shoe and the Minnie bow in the other.  Plus I do love Minnie with her fruity headpiece, I would've happily seen more of this in the collection.           

Wearing: Blue tights, Primark (old) and spotty tulle socks eBay (old).  
Fit: 4 3/4" heel, 3/4" platform. Heart shaped buckle fastening on adjustable strap. True to size in my regular size.   
Comfort:  No problems with these other than the fiddly buckle.
front facing legs wearing blue tights, polka dot tulle socks and Minnie Mouse Disney sandals
side of legs wearing polka dot tulle socks and blue tights and striped fabric sandals
back of legs in blue tights, spotty socks and striped fabric heel sandals
feet on wooden floor wearing polka dot tulle socks and Minnie Mouse sandals
Irregular Choice Tropical Minnie shoes on wooden floor
striped sandal with heart shaped buckle held in hand in front of shoe shelves
close up of Disney Minnie Mouse applique face on front of shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.