Tuesday 25 January 2022

Day 1225 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Irregular Choice Elephunk green shoes
Shoes: Green Elephunk | Irregular Choice 

A very old style for you today, I can't believe I've never reviewed these yet.  After pining after them for years in the grey and never finding them in the right size and condition, I eventually found the purple pair.  Then quickly after that the grey, then these popped up later and in the end I have all 3 colours they came in.  The other two are in the size up (39/6), which I found (from past experience) I needed in the split toe styles, but actually these are fine too, so there must not be much between them.  For those that haven't tried them and get a bit freaked out, the split toe just feels like a toe-post on sandals.  Your big toe is separated from the others, but it doesn't feel that strange to be honest.  I think they're a bit like the heel-less wedge, where people think it will feel too weird and you'll have to adopt a new style of walking, but no, they just feel like thong sandals.  The strap is fixed and on a slant and my foot goes in under it no problem and without it digging in once on.  The back is open with a slingback, so I suppose there's a little room for manoeuvre there sizing wise, but the slingback strap doesn't stretch and is quite...not small, but not generous.  

Overall, I wouldn't say they're snug, but there's not much wiggle room for me in my usual size.  I feel it depends on how comfortable you are with the toe whether you wish to size up or not.  I tried my size 6's on today, remembering them being quite loose in the slingback, but actually they fitted fine (my feet are probably a little bigger just now than when I bought these a few years ago).  The heel is as thin as IC tend to go, so it might be a bit wobbly for some, but it doesn't feel as high as it is (the Wizard Of Oz shoes last week felt much higher and they're about the same).  I really love the contrast of stripes against the elephant head print and the green which would usually appeal to me, didn't much at the time, but I actually really like this colourway.    

Wearing: Barbie leggings, Miss Selfridge (old). 
Fit: 4" heel, no platform.  Slip on, fixed strap.  These are my usual 5/38, I do have them in a 6/39 too and there's not much difference in size.  Some may wish to size up for comfort in the toe area.   
Comfort:  I find these comfortable, if you can manage toe-post sandals, then you'll be fine with these.  
wearing green split toe Irregular Choice Elephunk shoes and Barbie leggings
crossed legs wearing Barbie leggings and green split toe shoes with strap
wearing split toe green shoes with elephant head print and stripes
legs wearing Barbie printed leggings with green striped and elephant print shoes
back view of legs in Barbie print leggings with striped heel slingback shoes
leg lifted showing printed sole on split toe green shoes
wearing split toe green striped and elephant print shoes
green shoe held in hand in front of shoe shelves
close up of split toe on shoe in green stripe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.